News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Yes, that's fine. I didn't notice the member awards topic until just now, so I didn't know to update it until you mentioned it. :)
« Subject to editing »

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

Just for clarification, I'm just curious what would make a person eligible for an award thing (besides those awards which are self-explanatory), i.e. artist and writer awards.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

One more thing, that changing news thing isn't working again. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Tam and Martin

Double post but, is there a way the mods could find out and tell me who made the 6000th topic of the forum? I really don't know how to do it and I think it might have been me.

James Gryphon

Well, the way that I know is to look at the number in the URL address (the "83" in this topic, for instance). This seems to indicate the order topics are made; the very first topic that showed up on the forum is 2. I assume that there was an earlier topic, either posted up as a test when the admin was setting up the board, or that was automatically put up by the forum software, which was deleted.

That leads in to the problem with using this system to determine order: this number ranking includes deleted topics. So, the topic that brought the forum's topic count in "Statistics Center" to 6000 was almost certainly not the 6000th topic that was posted.

There *is* a way to figure out who made the topic that brought the forum's topic count to that point: find the most recently posted topic, then count back fifty-something topics, skipping every topic that's been deleted. However, that would take a lot of time, and I think you would need staff powers to get an accurate count. I'm willing to try to figure this out sometime, but I don't feel like doing so right now.
« Subject to editing »

Jasper

Can anyone sneak me some more information on that RP tournament that is to be going on? I wasn't in on any of the previous tournaments so I have no idea how it is going to work.

Dannflower Reguba

No need for sneaking, it's completely open  ;). Go down to the roleplay board, click on the tournament sub-board and you'll find all the information there.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tam and Martin

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 10, 2014, 07:13:10 PM
Well, the way that I know is to look at the number in the URL address (the "83" in this topic, for instance). This seems to indicate the order topics are made; the very first topic that showed up on the forum is 2. I assume that there was an earlier topic, either posted up as a test when the admin was setting up the board, or that was automatically put up by the forum software, which was deleted.

That leads in to the problem with using this system to determine order: this number ranking includes deleted topics. So, the topic that brought the forum's topic count in "Statistics Center" to 6000 was almost certainly not the 6000th topic that was posted.

There *is* a way to figure out who made the topic that brought the forum's topic count to that point: find the most recently posted topic, then count back fifty-something topics, skipping every topic that's been deleted. However, that would take a lot of time, and I think you would need staff powers to get an accurate count. I'm willing to try to figure this out sometime, but I don't feel like doing so right now.
Thank you!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 06, 2014, 06:41:30 PM
Just for clarification, I'm just curious what would make a person eligible for an award thing (besides those awards which are self-explanatory), i.e. artist and writer awards.

Yes, I've been interested in that, too. Even though I've only used Cornflower's account. . . . Not-so-great things have happened to her, that doesn't mean I haven't nosed around.

Lutra

Quote from: Cornflower MM on September 13, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

Yes, I've been interested in that, too. Even though I've only used Cornflower's account. . . . Not-so-great things have happened to her, that doesn't mean I haven't nosed around.

You could create your own account and hang around if you like the place.  It would be a lot easier to tell you two apart.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Morgazath

Hi. I was wondering. Is there a way to put pictures in my signature? I found two pictures that I want to use, (One for my profile picture, and one for my signature.) but I don't know if I can. So a little help would be gladly appreciated.
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

The Skarzs

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 06, 2014, 06:41:30 PM
Hello?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

To be honest, most of them looked fairly self-explanatory to me; which awards in particular were you wondering about?
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

More particularly the artist and writer. How many does a person put out before they get an award?

No, I'm not trying to hint anything; I'm just curious.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.