Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CristalDragoon

My question is why are there no adult sizes in the sweatshirts and t-shirts?

I am a adult and would like to have one of each.

Lutra

Quote from: CristalDragoon on February 28, 2015, 06:11:02 AM
My question is why are there no adult sizes in the sweatshirts and t-shirts?

I am a adult and would like to have one of each.

Please contact the webmaster about this.  His email is  Mail@redwallabbey.com

The forum staff do not have these answers and are only responsible for the forum, not the site itself.

Best regards,
Lutra
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lady Ashenwyte

Does Gagged mean that you're banned? And what earns you the "Gagged" title?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

They're two separate things. Gagging a member just gets rid of their ability to post. They can still PM people, though (this is useful for facilitating correspondence with the staff, etc).

Only administrators have the ability to issue a ban (unless I haven't been looking at my control panels carefully enough ;)) As such, I haven't used one myself. This is what the SMF manual says about the different levels of bans:

Quote from: SMF ManualFull Ban - When you put a full ban or restriction on a user, they will not have the right to visit your site. This means they cannot read, register, or post on your site. If you really want to get rid of a user, this is the best option.
Partial Ban - Will ban the member from specific areas as defined below:

• Cannot post - If you put a post restriction/ban on an IP, hostname, e-mail, or username, you take away the right to post. This allows them to visit your site, but that is about it. This is useful if you just want to stop them from posting, but allow them to visit your forum.
  • Cannot register -When you put a registration restriction/ban on an IP, hostname, e-mail, or username you take away the right to register on your forum. If they currently have an account on your forum they will be able to use it, however, they will not be able to register a new one. This type of restriction or ban is helpful if you have someone who registers multiple times.
  • Cannot login - Prevents the user from logging in.

As such, I surmise the weakest bans are similar to gagging; the strongest one can completely cut off access to the forum.

You get the "Gagged" title when a mod switches your primary usergroup to "Gagged" (which is how we gag you). If you mean what kind of behavior earns you the title (not the technical details of how the title is applied to your account, which, me being a literal-minded person, was what first came to my mind ;)), there's three types of situations I can think of off the top of my head where we've done this.

• Spambots
    Pretty simple. They post, we make them stop posting. We added better spambot protection and haven't had to do one of these in a while.
  • Spammers
    There've been a few times when we've given non-spambot members who kept flooding the forum and ignoring our warnings to quit making so many terrible posts a temporary gag, usually no more than a few days. If they took the hint, then great; if not, we keep upping it until it takes. Generally, these either mend or get bored and wander off.
  • Rulebreakers
    Off-hand, I can only think of four cases where we've actually gagged someone for rule violations, and all of them eventually ended up getting banned on some level or another. They all had plenty of advance warning. They didn't listen when we first warned them, and they didn't start listening even afterwards.

Hope this answers any questions you have; if not, feel free to ask again.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Dibbun Against Bedtime

Have you guys considered shutting down the Recipes board? It hasn't had any activity in 10 months.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Skyblade

Maybe somebody should post there ;) I would, but I can't cook anything except sandwiches, microwavable food, and Ramen in a bowl.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Dibbun Against Bedtime on April 19, 2015, 08:25:03 PM
Have you guys considered shutting down the Recipes board? It hasn't had any activity in 10 months.

No, I don't think that that would be necessary, but thanks for reminding me of said board, though. I have been trying to come up with something original to cook and that could be it.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! (OfficialRedwallForum@gmail.com) Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Dibbun Against Bedtime on April 19, 2015, 08:25:03 PM

Many of our members are younger and don't cook a whole lot, yet it is still nice to have a place for those who do. And food is such a big part of the books, so I think it will stay apart of the forum.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Another part of why that board might be so inactive is that there is a Redwall cook book, so a lot of recipes one might want from the series could be found via that. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Just out of curiosity, am I right in my suspicion that if you modify a post in the same minute that you posted it, it doesn't say at the bottom as it is modified?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

I don't know if the reprieve is exactly one minute long, but it is true that edits made immediately afterwards don't put up the Edit notice. I ought to know; I do it all the time.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Is there a way to get a list of topics that you've created?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

How exactly do I post pictures without uploading them to, say, Imgur first? Or can I not do that?

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 02, 2015, 01:20:02 AM
How exactly do I post pictures without uploading them to, say, Imgur first? Or can I not do that?

We used to be able to do , but you can't any more. Sorry about that.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner