Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The ranks are based on post count.
A Season Namer is someone the staff chooses at the beginning of a season (winter, summer ect.) to, well, name the season. The person chosen is an example of a good role-model of a member.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Melody

how does the forum count posts per say? I could post one thing and it won't show on my profile. why is that?

Lutra

^ Some sections (namely the game sections) have post count disabled.  Spots where thoughtful conversations take place (or are more likely to take place) are sections where you can increase post count.

Also, moving up in rank only occurs when you reach a certain number of posts.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Melody

like how many posts until you move in rank?

Lutra

Well, you're at 118 posts now...

250 - Senior Member
500 - Hero Member

Those are the next two you will reach.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Melody

ok, that really doesn't make sense, what is the forums idea behind that?
Just asking.

Also how do you know you are a season namer?

Bragoon

The idea is that if you stick around and are an active member of the community, you can be recognized for that, even in this small way.

I can't answer the Season Namer bit for sure, but my guess would be that a staff member will message you to tell you.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

Lily

Quote from: Melody on January 17, 2012, 01:52:36 AM
ok, that really doesn't make sense, what is the forums idea behind that?
Just asking.
Those are the default ranks for the type of forum we use.

Quote from: Melody on January 17, 2012, 01:52:36 AM
Also how do you know you are a season namer?
One Season Namer is chosen by the forum staff every season. They are contacted before the next season starts and asked to give the season a name, and then the official announcement is made at the beginning of the season.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

For the record, the next season begins on March 1st. Each season is allotted 3 months of the year.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

When you do a quote, how do you make it say 'quote from: where the quote comes from' (for example)?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 22, 2012, 02:43:56 AM
When you do a quote, how do you make it say 'quote from: where the quote comes from' (for example)?
You click on the "Quote" tab above the top-right-hand corner of the post you want to quote from.  It should automatically add in the author and date. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

No, I mean like when you want to quote something, you write this:
[quote][/quote]
Usually, it will just look like this:
QuoteYour text.
But how do you make it so that it says where the quote comes from? As in
"Quote from: Mossflower'.
I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

Type
[quote author=Mossflower]
Quote from Mossflower here.
[/quote]

You need to add "author=quoted person" after the quote tab.
Quote from: Mossflower
Quote from Mossflower here.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.