Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 02, 2015, 01:20:02 AM
How exactly do I post pictures without uploading them to, say, Imgur first? Or can I not do that?

If your problem is that Imgur is full of code and flash things (which I know for a fact your computer is not very good at handling): you can try PostImage. It will save you a lot of pain ;)!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Hickory

*clicks link* Cool.... do you know if it works with iOS devices?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on June 02, 2015, 01:06:11 PM
*clicks link* Cool.... do you know if it works with iOS devices?

I don't know, sorry :/ But one thing I gotta say is that it is VERY reliable... I have 60% of my website hosted in there and the images haven't go down for a second in this whole time (since November 2014).

No prob Corn ^^!

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

Okay, this is a kind of silly question. . . . But I was wondering: Why on Earth do we call the Modify button 'shiny'?! We've been doing that ever since. . . .  . I don't actually know when. Before I joined, certainly. (And I realize that this IS a very silly, strange question, and yes, I realize I'm older than most of y'all here forum-wise, hence you might not know. But I really want to know!)

James Gryphon

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 27, 2015, 02:20:57 AM
But I was wondering: Why on Earth do we call the Modify button 'shiny'?! We've been doing that ever since. . . . 
When has this happened? I don't recall seeing this.
« Subject to editing »

Izeroth

I've seen people call the modify button 'shiny' on other forums before. It's just something people do.

Hickory

Luftwaffles

Cornflower MM

Quote from: James Gryphon on June 27, 2015, 04:03:37 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 27, 2015, 02:20:57 AM
But I was wondering: Why on Earth do we call the Modify button 'shiny'?! We've been doing that ever since. . . . 
When has this happened? I don't recall seeing this.

Really? That's interesting - Except for maybe one time, all the times I've seen people correct others on double- or triple-posting, they've called it shiny. Or when asked how to edit something.

Hickory

If you wnat to post a video people will like, but it has one or two inappropriate pieces of content, should you still post? Should you post with a warning saying "Mature content?"

James Gryphon

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on July 01, 2015, 04:57:37 PM
If you wnat to post a video people will like, but it has one or two inappropriate pieces of content, should you still post? Should you post with a warning saying "Mature content?"
The trouble with content warnings is that people always think it doesn't apply to them.  They say "Well, it probably isn't that bad". Then, once they've seen it, they regret it.

I would err on the side of caution here.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Dannflower Reguba

Is there a limit to the number of PM's one can receive?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

. . . Not that I know of. And I'm up to 6598. You can only send twenty an hour, but other than that. . . . *Shrugs*