Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Why does the forum stats say there's 2325 members but the members list say there's 1664?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

^ I think some (spambots/spammers) have been deleted, or some people deleted themselves, but I could be wrong.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

Is the pic in my signature too large? I know there's a limit, but I have no idea what it is or how to figure out if a picture is too big... ::)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

I recieved a pm about that once, just let me dig it up.

"Images larger than 40x350 pixels are prohibited."

So I would assume that yours is too big.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

This is exactly how large 40 by 350 is:

It's meant mainly for userbars, that kind of thing. There are some exceptions to this (like some award badges). Some pictures are clearly too large, though, and if somebody keeps one of those up for long enough we eventually contact them to remind them about the rule.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Is there a list of all the available fonts for use? I already asked this but as I'm on an iPad i'm not sure which ones will work and which ones won't.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Well, most fonts work for the forum, but not necessarily with other peoples' devices. For example, most people can't see it, but my font looks like this:

It looks like that on my computer, a Mac, but people using Windows can't see it like that.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Well, it isn't just an issue of Mac vs. Windows. I can't see it either. It depends on what fonts are installed in the user's font library. If you don't have access to a font, you have to download it or purchase it to see it display properly.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Is there going to be another Role Play Tournament? And if so when will it be?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

There should be one sooner or later. I'll probably have to run this one, given that I have the lightest schedule of any of the staff, so it depends on when I'll have an opening and when I feel like y'all are ready for one. There are a lot of RPs right now that need attention, and I don't want to undercut any of those, so I wouldn't expect it for a while.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 10, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Well, most fonts work for the forum, but not necessarily with other peoples' devices. For example, most people can't see it, but my font looks like this:

It looks like that on my computer, a Mac, but people using Windows can't see it like that.
My life has just been turned upside down. O_O  I had no idea that that's how it's supposed to look.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

And that's why I was a bit frustrated when I found out that people couldn't see it, and I was posting in a generic font to them the whole time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

If you downloaded the font yourself, it's very likely that most of us won't be able to see it.

If I created a font and then downloaded it and used it on this forum, would someone else who'd downloaded it see it properly? Or will the forum only support certain fonts?

And is there a message limit before you can only receive replies?

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 11, 2015, 03:10:33 AM
If you downloaded the font yourself, it's very likely that most of us won't be able to see it.
Found lucida blackletter on Microsoft Word. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Well I just checked my word and I don't have it.