Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 11, 2015, 03:10:33 AM

And is there a message limit before you can only receive replies?

. . . . . . What? You mean, is there a limit in how many PMs you can send? If so, then yes. It's twenty per hour. (I've hit it many times before, and also, I'm still trying to wake up so if I sound extraordinarily stupid, sorry.)

Jetthebinturong

No, I meant "Is there a limit to your message inbox?"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 11, 2015, 03:55:28 PM
No, I meant "Is there a limit to your message inbox?"
I don't believe so.  Last time I checked, Corny had, what, 6,000 messages?  And she's still able to PM.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rrrrr

Skarzs, is the font automatically set for your replies? Because I have to click [Font] and change it to my font, which is annoying every time.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

The Skarzs

What I have done is typed [.font=lucidablackletter], copied it, and just paste it before every reply. Don't need the [./font] for it to work for me.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

Sky also doesn't use the [./font] tag and her High Tower Text works fine as well, but I use the BBC tag for speed almost every time, so my ending tag shows up.

I have Microsoft Word and I also don't have Lucida Blackletter among my fonts, though I have about eight other Lucida something-or-others.  I have the 2010 version of Microsoft Office, if that makes any difference.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Hickory

You can find the answer in the FAQs topic.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Skyblade

How exactly does one post audio files?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Skyblade on September 25, 2015, 02:18:43 AM
How exactly does one post audio files?
I'd suggest uploading it to YouTube.  (I think that would entail using an editing program to put the audio file with a picture or video, 'cause they don't accept plain audio files.)  There's probably other ways, but that's what I know I would do.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

That's a good idea, also, I believe YouTube offers a video editor of sorts on their website. Not sure and can't check at the moment, but I believe they do in the "Creator Studio".

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Hmm. I was hoping there would be another way besides YouTube. But if not, oh well.

Thanks!!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

I seem to remember James using something else in the past to demonstrate his bird's squawking. I'll see if I can find that post.
EDIT:
Found it:
Quote from: James Gryphon on March 21, 2015, 01:33:34 AM
I've alluded in the past to our dog and how loud it is, how much it moans, etc., etc. Just reading about it doesn't give you a clue how bad it is. It's somewhat difficult to get a recording of this, as she seems to have a tendency to clam up as soon as I turn a recorder on, but I've managed it. Here, for your listening torment, it is. If you choose to listen to this, make sure you turn down your volume as low as it can go without being completely mute, and wear headphones if at all possible.

I know it sounds like the dog is being tortured with a branding iron, but the only thing that's happening is that the bird is squawking. If we play anything that's remotely musical or noisy, the bird will start to squawk. If there's another bird outside, the bird squawks. Sometimes the bird will squawk with no provocation at all. And if the bird squawks, and the dog is within range to hear it, the dog moans. Loudly. The only solace is that if anyone were to die in their sleep, we can be sure it wouldn't be for long since the combined noise from these two is enough to wake anything that hasn't either already gone deaf or completely decomposed.
Apparently, https://instaud.io is a legitimate way to upload audio files and share links.

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

Does the most online record include guests?