Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Skyblade

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 25, 2015, 07:58:24 PM
I seem to remember James using something else in the past to demonstrate his bird's squawking. I'll see if I can find that post.
EDIT:
Found it:
Quote from: James Gryphon on March 21, 2015, 01:33:34 AM
I've alluded in the past to our dog and how loud it is, how much it moans, etc., etc. Just reading about it doesn't give you a clue how bad it is. It's somewhat difficult to get a recording of this, as she seems to have a tendency to clam up as soon as I turn a recorder on, but I've managed it. Here, for your listening torment, it is. If you choose to listen to this, make sure you turn down your volume as low as it can go without being completely mute, and wear headphones if at all possible.

I know it sounds like the dog is being tortured with a branding iron, but the only thing that's happening is that the bird is squawking. If we play anything that's remotely musical or noisy, the bird will start to squawk. If there's another bird outside, the bird squawks. Sometimes the bird will squawk with no provocation at all. And if the bird squawks, and the dog is within range to hear it, the dog moans. Loudly. The only solace is that if anyone were to die in their sleep, we can be sure it wouldn't be for long since the combined noise from these two is enough to wake anything that hasn't either already gone deaf or completely decomposed.
Apparently, https://instaud.io is a legitimate way to upload audio files and share links.

Oh, I'll check that out. Thank you, Søren :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Søren

Quote from: rrrrr on September 29, 2015, 02:55:24 AM
How do you post screenshots?
You have to upload the image to a host site to get an image URL. They include Imgur and Photobucket. Then paste that URL just like a normal image.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

How many days/weeks/months does an inactive RP have in the Roleplaying section, before its moved to the Incomplete/Abandoned RPs board?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

I think it's just whenever a mod realizes that they need to be moved. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

I go to change my profile picture, but when I view my summary to see if it worked where the picture should be is a blank space.  ???
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Odd. Were you trying to take a picture from your computer?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Well, I tried to use a URL (soren suggested it) but that didn't work, so I reverted back to uploading from my computer, and that didn't work either.

EDIT: Figured out was I was doing wrong. I had left the "I wil upload my own picture" box unchecked when I tried to use it, so.... all good now!  ;)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Captain Tammo's name isn't turning up green in the Who's Online list; does anyone else seem to be getting this?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

For me, it shows that he's a moderator only in the Fan Fiction board.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

It's because he's a local moderator, not a full moderator.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

But it showed Leatho and Rain green when they were only "local mods". :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Matthias720

There's a difference between a local moderator and a Local Moderator (yes, the capitalization is important). A local mod is a member who has been given responsibility over one or more boards, but only has power one those boards specifically. A Local Mod is more like a traditional Moderator, watching over every board, but they have fewer permissions than a Global Mod.

Vilu Daskar

That link to the Introduction Topic takes you to page 204, shouldn't it take you to page 1?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.