News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

A Moderator is the moderator of the forums that they are assigned to, whereas a Global Moderator can perform a moderator's duties in any forum. 

For instance, Osu and Lutra can perform moderator's duties in all the sub-forums under "Redwall Discussion", but not in the sub-forums under "General Boards", where Redwall Musician and Lily are the moderators.  But Matthias720 and Taggerung_of_Redwall can perform moderator's duties in any of the forums,and maybe more besides. 

I can speak for the duties of an Administrator, but they do have some other abilities besides moderator's duties.  I think they're the only ones who can make someone a moderator by adding them to the "Moderators" group, but beyond that I don't know.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lutra

QuoteFor instance, Osu and Lutra can perform moderator's duties in all the sub-forums under "Redwall Discussion", but not in the sub-forums under "General Boards", where Redwall Musician and Lily are the moderators.  But Matthias720 and Taggerung_of_Redwall can perform moderator's duties in any of the forums,and maybe more besides. 

Close....Osu and I can actually perform minimal mod duties on other sections (e.g. Cavern Hole) even though we are not full moderators of that section of the forum.  This is in case by chance something wrong goes on and the wrong mod is online to deal with the issue...now all mods have at least some sort of basic authority on the entire board.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Bragoon

Ah, good to know, thank you.  ^^
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

An administrator has abilities that a global moderator does not. Global moderators moderate every board. Board moderators are only in charge of certain boards.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on March 23, 2012, 07:07:44 AM
An administrator has abilities that a global moderator does not. Global moderators moderate every board. Board moderators are only in charge of certain boards.
Pretty close. Admins have authority over the entire forum and its setting, Global Mods moderate the entire forum, and Moderators moderate only on certain boards. There can also be Local Mods who can be assigned to one or two boards, and are very much like Moderators, but on a smaller scale.

Wot Wot

how many people are there who have registered
also i registered today so could you give me a breakdown of the system

Bragoon

1135 people have registered.  There's a counter at the bottom of the index page of the forum that tells you how many have registered.  =)

Dannflower Reguba

Wow, all this over 1 simple question? :D Thanks guys! :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Nightfire

How come when you're modifying your signature, then there aren't little gray buttons for emoticons, boldface, italics, underlining, colors, or stuff like that?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dannflower Reguba

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

I was wondering why duplicate topics don't get deleted.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Wot Wot

how do i reply to an individual person

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Wot Wot on March 29, 2012, 12:59:01 PM
how do i reply to an individual person

You can send that person a PM. Go under his/her profile and go to the bottom where it says "Send this member a personal message."
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on March 29, 2012, 06:25:06 AM
I was wondering why duplicate topics don't get deleted.
Yeah... How come Moderators or ANYBODY delete a topic?

rakkety tam

how do i upload stuff from my computer like pics songs and stuff
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace