Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felldoh154

Quote from: Lutra on July 04, 2012, 12:07:47 AM
Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 03, 2012, 06:55:20 PM
How can you make a screenshot your avatar if possible?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  ???  Like are you saying, "how do I get a screenshot of Felldoh from the tv series?"

I already have one of him on my iPod. But can't figure out how to make it my profile picture or whatever.

Happy 4th by the way :D

Lutra

You'll have to pick an image host for the picture and link to it.

http://www.photobucket.com

http://www.imageshack.us

Once you have the URL of the picture, you can make it your picture in your profile.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

I didn't need a url  for my Profile picture, I just took it from my computer files....I could do the URL but that is harder to do.

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Flandor

Leatho is correct.  Avatars can be taken from a URL or from your computer files.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Felldoh154

still working on figuring out photo bucket or whatever, but i uploaded the photo from computer and as you can see it shows up as a white box with a red X. Any idea what's wrong?

Felldoh154

there fixed it by playing around with size, thanks a bunch :D

Lutra

You guys are right, I forgot you don't need an image host for this site, you can just upload from your computer. However, you are less restricted by going through an image host URL--any size, any type, and the forum will automatically resize it.  So it depends on what works best for you; I've used photobucket for seven years, so I'll always do that and not have to worry about picky limitations.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Something Horrifying

I have a question about posting fanfiction~

If one were to have a fanfic that they believe is within the rules as far as specific content goes, but still might be better suited for more mature readers due to slightly scary/disturbing themes or content, would it be alright to post it here with a disclaimer? Or maybe a thread that just has a disclaimer and a link to the story on fanfiction.net or something? Or if something might require a disclaimer, does that automatically mean it's probably too mature to post? If you need more details about the fanfic in question in order to answer, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Lutra

I think a fanfic like that would be best suited for other sites with a link to it.  Naturally warnings should be posted so people are not surprised when they read it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

Hey ultra I was just wondering- how did you become a mod?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 05, 2012, 01:05:18 PM
I think you meant Lutra.. lol
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Felldoh154

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

If you take time to notice, you'll see (if you click on their profile button that is) that they are all ( I think) above 20 years old. i.e. they are "More mature" than the rest of us (Quotation put it on purpose  ;D).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

dannflorr is partially correct--age does play a factor in staff members (scary that I'm one of the eldest here  :-X).  Experience in running forums is what gets you on the team.  Acting maturely on the forum is another.  Showcasing that you're willing to get along with others, even if you disagree with them.  These are all qualities of a good moderator. :)  The staff privately contacts individuals when they think they would be a worthwhile addition to the team.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra