Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

When did you guys last add a moderator? How often are they added, and who was he last one added...  :D Sorry for the big list of questions, but I really like to know what's going on around me.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

When did you guys last add a moderator?

Beginning of the year I believe.

How often are they added, and who was he last one added....

Not very often, and the last one added was BrookSkimmer.  We needed extra paws in the RP section.  Osu and myself couldn't handle it alone.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Thanks for answering my questions.  :)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Felldoh154

So they ask you to be a moderator? When u say contact you privately do you mean they will send u an email? Because I hardly ever check mine :O

Also how do they choose which part of the forum you are responsible for?

Bragoon

I can offer some speculation on that, but no facts. 
They probably PM you instead of emailing you, for two reasons.  One is that, like you, not everyone checks their email accounts.  Some people just make email accounts so that they can join a forum, and then forget about them.  The other reason is that site-related stuff is best dealt with on the site, so that there can be a record kept of those sorts of things.

As for choosing the forums that you are responsible for, I don't know how they chose them when they first chose moderators, but like Lutra said, they had a gap and needed to fill it, so if they need more help somewhere, that's where you would be assigned.  Likewise, if a moderator needs or wants to retire, they would probably employ the new moderator in the previous moderator's forum. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Felldoh154

Redwallfan7

Does a mod have the right to delete all of your posts as a punishment if you break one or all of the forum rules?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Ha ha ha! I don't know about you, but I'd wish the mods good luck to erase all MY posts!  :D

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Lutra on July 05, 2012, 12:31:01 PM
I think a fanfic like that would be best suited for other sites with a link to it.  Naturally warnings should be posted so people are not surprised when they read it.
Okay, so it would be alright to, say, post a thread in the fanworks section, with a brief description, warning, and link to the story on FF.net? Or even, if the first chapter is completely tame, maybe post the first chapter and a link, and then just add chapters on FF.net? And would it be okay to post in the thread with an update to say the new chapter is up, each time I put one on FF.net? That way I'd have a thread here for feedback, if anyone read it. lol
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Icefire

Question: Should the "Prayer Request" thread be moved to the Lawns? Just curious.
BTW, thank you for using "ghost topics" to show you moved a thread! :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Lutra

Yes to both the topics posted above me.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lutra

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 05, 2012, 10:20:29 PM
Does a mod have the right to delete all of your posts as a punishment if you break one or all of the forum rules?

No...and I'm not going to be the schmuck that has to go find all 1,000 posts.  ;D

QuoteSo they ask you to be a moderator? When u say contact you privately do you mean they will send u an email? Because I hardly ever check mine :O

If the staff feels the person is worthy of a staff position, they get a PM about it.  I didn't get an email though I have it set to email me copies of PMs sent to me.  Bear in mind, all the moderator talk, we are not looking to fill any positions, nor is anyone retiring at the moment. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

I know I was just curious.

You guys can ban people from forum right?

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, they can.

I've been having trouble trying to change my signature. When I click 'Edit Profile' it sends me to a page that says my session timed out, even though my session did not time out.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 06, 2012, 06:01:51 AM
Yeah, they can.

I've been having trouble trying to change my signature. When I click 'Edit Profile' it sends me to a page that says my session timed out, even though my session did not time out.

I just tried that and I was able to edit mine without any issues.  ???
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra