News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Zootopia?

Started by Ashleg, January 05, 2016, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Feles

Quote from: Skarzs on January 23, 2017, 05:34:45 PM
Perhaps it's the undeniable anti-racism message it's got? :P
Noticed that. I also noticed it had a anti-fearmongering message as well.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Maudie

I finally saw this. It was good.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Luftwaffles

I simply adored this movie.

I honestly thought that it was one of the sweetest and more clever flicks put out by Disney in an actual while (just second to Inside Out -which, then again, cannot be beaten-). I'm not saying that it was perfect, but it left me with a sense of satisfaction that's rare for me to get from modern films... and I appreciate that a lot.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

SandyB

One of the best Disney films ever!
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

MeadowR

I'll agree with Sierra (what?! :o) that there was a sense of satisfaction after watching this film, which I really don't often get with modern films. One of the better Disney films of the last 13 or so years.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Luftwaffles

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Delthion

I enjoyed Zootopia, but Inside Out and Frozen were better in my opinion.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Andy

I love Zootopia. I haven't seen Inside Out, but this was definitely better than Frozen, and Moana, by leaps and bounds.  Best movie I've seen in a long while, honestly.  I need to rewatch it, now that I think of it. Maybe I'll do that shortly, actually.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Ashleg

I beg to differ. ;D
Moana was DA BOMB.

The Skarzs

A lot of pagan tones, though, which made me a bit. . . Uneasy, I guess?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

As far as I can tell Moana is about Hawaiian gods, so paganism should really be expected.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

I haven't seen Moana yet. Wondering if I should wait until the DVD becomes a little cheaper. I really don't know very much about it, other than its setting, and so it will be quite a surprise to me when I watch it. I do try to see - and collect - as many Disney animated 'classics' as I can. Much prefer the older films, but at least some decent modern ones, such as Zootopia, are presenting themselves now.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

It has great music.