News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Zootopia?

Started by Ashleg, January 05, 2016, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

I recently saw the film and I was surprised at how good it was. Good for an anamorphic animal kids cartoon at least. It looks like they really spent time with the animation and writing.

And boy, those racism themes pointing a big finger right at first world countries. I am doubly surprised a kids movie covered so many big, important problems.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

Indeed. I was dubious about the prospect, but Disney played it well and sensitively. It was, overall, a very good movie; more realistic than almost all of Disney's others.

The thing I was most surprised about: DISNEY DIDN'T KILL ANY PARENTS IN IT!!!

My siblings and I had a good time with the snappy dialogue. It provided us many hours of entertainment. That is the hallmark of a good movie.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

You talking about one of the parents being dead most of the time in Disney films?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

... Or all of them...

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

I just saw the movie today, and the biggest thing I got from it was that... It'd make a great role play.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Sagetip on April 02, 2016, 05:39:40 AM
I just saw the movie today, and the biggest thing I got from it was that... It'd make a great role play.

It would make a pretty good Role play. But it'd have to have a pretty solid story behind it otherwise people get bored too fast.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

It'd need an amazing story behind it for it to work...

Dannflower Reguba

I expected the movie to be decent (it was by Disney for crying out loud  ::)), but I wasn't ready for it to be as good as it was. I went and saw it again a couple days after the first time. The story was solid, and well played out, the animation was fantastic, and the world was very unique. It's biggest selling point though, was it's characters, they drew me in, they felt real, and they really made you care about their individual stories. My biggest problem would be with the political propaganda they laced through the entire thing, but aside from that, it was a very good movie.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

They've always gotta add something, like environment saving, feminism, anti-racism, etc.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

True. However, I think they played it delicately and deftly enough that, if you choose, you could consider it solely a plot device and not a social critique. And while it's always good to consider the relevant social critiques, whether you find them accurate is a different matter- but I, at least, try not to dismiss anything out of hand. That may just be my addiction to thinking, though.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Wylder Treejumper

So... my family has become a bit addicted to this movie. We preordered it, and since it was released, we've watched it an average of .75 times per day. That means we've watched it more than 5 days out of every week, possibly more (my calculations could be off). I know at least two days where we actually watched it 3 times. For a family that doesn't usually watch movies, that is a huge amount of time. I'm pretty sure we could quote the whole thing verbatim, and we reference it a lot.

And yes, I am watching it as I write this.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Gonff the Mousethief

I just saw it a few days ago, and it was pretty good. I really liked the whole world and people in it, and how there were somethings that little kids wouldn't get (Try explaining Zuber to a four year old). Along with Finding Dory (which was sooooooooo good) Disney has the animation for this year by a long run.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

What I really like about cartoon movies this year is that they're mostly animal themed, which is something we haven't seen in quite a while.

Amarith Waterspring

I saw Zootopia when it came out in theaters, and it was really good! I thought it was well portrayed by the characters, and much better than some of Disney's other recent (not so recent by now) films. I also went out to theater's to see Frozen, but the movie had already been completely spoiled for me by YouTube clips I didn't even watch, but that had spoilers in the title! It was basically a waste of money. Zootopia was definitely better, and I have been wanting to go back and watch it again soon, or when it comes out on instant play on Netflix. My favorite character has got to be the chinchilla with Nick in the beginning. ;D
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.