News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Roleplay thread v.2.0!

Started by Ashleg, February 12, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

~~The Temporary Roleplay Thread is here~~
I tried to remake my last post, just briefer. Please pick up from here. Even if you replied on the normal thread, I didn't see it, so reply again.
Thanks, Ashleg.

---
OOC-
Recap:
The Redwallers were on shrew boats and had approached Rapshade's ship. One-Ear and Fangfang had just jumped into the water and were talking while waiting for Skipper to help them over.
Rapshade had ordered his crew to row the ship, and he was acting all nervous as he himself steered the ship.
Ava, Abbot Grant, and Rayne Hummingwolf were still at the Abbey.

IC-
Fangfang chuckled nervously, then looked embarrassed for a moment.
"Cap'n...'E said I'm too stupid t' bother learnin' to swim."

Groddil

One-Ear scoffed.
"Rapshade is a lot stupider than you are if he believes what comes out of his filthy mouth. If it weren't for that ferret, you would be much better off. He never let you try, but I bet you'd be a real riverdog if he did!"

Ashleg

Fangfang looked confused.
"But I'm a rat!" He said, not understanding the comment. "Ye jus' mean I'd be able t' handle this...Or would I 'ave become an otter? In that case, I'm glad Cap'n wouldn't let me learn!"

Groddil

"It's an expression. I mean that you need to trust yourself, do what YOU want to do."
The young fox's face hardened.
"Like I soon will..."

Ashleg

Fang scowled. "In that case, I wanna climb back on that boat an' never set paw in water again. I'm freezing me tail off!"

LT Sandpaw

"Wait ho we're coming to get ye." Skipper and three otters slipped down into the water bobbing about in the waves. Paddling over to One-ear Skipper disappeared underwater for a moment before popping up in front of the fox.

"Grab me back matey, I'll swim ye over faster'n ye can. Hm got a water logged tail there, nothin' we c'n do. Grab hold." A female otter looking rather miffed about her task appeared in front of Fangfang waiting for the rat to grab her shoulders. A third otter swam down and resurfaced giving a thumbs up to Skipper.

"Water's clear Skip, best go now afore somthin' shows up."

Back on the logboats Bracklew and Duncan were alone in their boat. The squirrel dug his paddle into the water unsuccessfully, his damaged left paw stung irritably as he made the weak rowing attempt. With a soft thud a small spiky furred shrew jumped into the boat picking up One-ear's abandoned paddle.

"Need some 'elp mates?" The shrew chuckled sitting behind the two Redwallers. Bracklew glanced over his shoulder grinning nervously at the shrew.

"Ha yeah appears so."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

One-Ear grabbed Skipper's shoulders.
"You never have to again once this is dealt with. Let's go!"
The young fox waved briefly to Mortembell's boat and took a deep breath.

Ashleg

Fang hesitantly grabbed on to the female otter's shoulders, looking just as reluctant as her.
"I'm gonna drown," he muttered, rolling his eyes.

Duncan chuckled, nodding at the shrew.
"We sure do! I'm not used to this."

LT Sandpaw

Striking out powerfully the three otters plunged and surfaced periodically remembering not to stay underwater too long. With the powerful otters to swim all five creatures were soon paddling along on the ship's starboard side. Grabbing hold of a trailing rope Skipper held it out while supporting One-ear with his other paw.

"Here mates, climb up yon rope. Blast this 'ere plan better work or were out a good fox n' rat. Ye be carful, aye, an' if'n things get tight give us a holler an jump o'er board. We'll catch ye. Best o' fortunes mates."

Hickory

Jetfur prowled the slave deck. Lingering by the bench that the rat Saltooth sat on, the Slavemaster suddenly giggled. "Hehehehe! Sorry, mate, I just find it really funny that yew're on that bench instead of up on the deck. Tell ye what, seeing that we're almost out on the open sea, ye can stretch yore paws a little bit."

As other crewbeasts looked up in surprise, Jetfur snapped out with his whip. "'Ey! That doesn't;t mean any of you!" The black rat was not above whipping his own crewmates. Offering a paw to Saltooth, he suddenly questioned his actions. Brushing the doubt aside, he thought to himself that it was better to make friends than break them.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

One-Ear gripped the rope.
"Thank you, Skipper. Fang, I'll go first. Wait 'til I'm on the deck then foller, we don't want t'be seen together."
The young fox hauled himself powerfully up the rope onto the deck. He put on a hard, evil face and descended to the oar deck. He tapped Jetfur on the shoulder.
"Hey Matey, sorry I'm late, Cap wanted t'talk t'me. What's goin' on with all these crewbeasts?"

Hickory

Jetfur couldn't recall a one-eared fox being a member of the crew, but he shrugged it off. "Hw must've had yer head in the gutter, mate. The slaves escaped while we were attacking Redwall. Slipped off like smoke in the wind. Cap'n Rapshade had me enlist the crew as temporary slaves so we can get out on the open ocean."

Groddil

One-Ear lowered his voice to a whisper.
"Hey, listen. When I was in the cabin, I saw a bottle 'o medicine on the table an' Rapshade was coughin' a lot. When I leaves, I 'ears 'im tell that vixen t'get the medicines before 'ee gets sicker. I thinks Swifty's gone all soft an' weak."

Hickory

Jetfur sucked in a breath. "You went into the Cap'n's cabin? Look, I don't want nothin' t'do with you. The Cap'n'd kill ye if'n ye went into 'is cabin."

LT Sandpaw

Glaring at Jetfur suspiciously he accepted the other rat's paw stretching his own footpaws would be nice. "Er right mate." He grunted still not sure whether to trust Jetfur or not. As he pushed his way past a one eared fox Saltooth felt strangely aware that he had never seen hi before. Shrugging it off he made his way up onto the deck breathing in the evening salt air. At last, the sea. Where he belonged, and where he would never leave again. As long as he could help it.