News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Female Squirrel Leaders and Warriors

Started by Banya, March 18, 2016, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who are your favourites?

Jukka the Sling
Lady Amber
Lady Firdance
Queen Serena
Jess Squirrel
Russa Nodrey
Abbess Song
Abbess Fenna
Sarobando
Triss
other/unlisted

Banya

Among the squirrels, many leaders and warriors were strong females.  I loved their inclusion in the series and their contributions in times of conflict, both in war and in, of course, riddle-solving.  Which of the squirrels did you like best?

The Skarzs

Seems that in the squirrel species, much like many real life animals, the dominant leader is female a good portion of the time.
As for a favorite. . . I think Lady Amber. She lost an ear.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Lady Amber and Russa Nodrey. They were pretty cool.

Groddil

Two words:

RUSvulthesabreSA NODREY

Another word:

Sarobando.

Lady Amber

Groddil

@Lady Amber: Good thing I never said it was one word then.

Lady Amber

@Groddil: I didn't actually notice it at first, but you edited your post to make it say "Two words."

Groddil

Quote from: Lady Amber on March 20, 2016, 10:10:37 PM
@Groddil: I didn't actually notice it at first, but you edited your post to make it say "Two words."

I know, I was being sarcastic. :P

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Banya

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 21, 2016, 02:46:34 AM
Does Fwirl from Taggerung count?
I didn't add her because she was neither a warrior nor a leader.  She was invaluable to the Redwallers and her story was different than most other woodlanders, so despite her lack of recognized leadership status, she is one of my favourite squirrels in the series, tied with Craklyn and Triss.

EDIT: I guess I should specify that she was one of my favourite younger squirrels.  I enjoyed seeing her grow, as I did Craklyn and Triss.  My other favourites, Russa and Jess, were introduced to us as adults and they were leaders for others, so I view them differently than I do Fwirl, Craklyn, and Triss.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Ashleg