News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Chance to win High Rhulain book

Started by Leatho Shellhound, March 21, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Leatho Shellhound

Just a reminder for every one, entries due be the end of this month. :D

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

Weeeeell, I have my entry, finally (pushing the deadline, as usual with me).  Maybe the deadline should be extended again for the others?

Anyway, I decided to try and get a good photo last night, and so I grabbed a Redwall book and took this.

My entry

Taken with an iPod, so excuse the somewhat poor quality.  I'm sitting in a crabapple tree a few feet off the ground.  The book is Triss.

[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dotti Dillworthy

Here is my entry, finally! Though I cannot seem to find any other nice opportunity to set a perfect scene...
Taken (aboard a bus) about less than two weeks ago when going home from a short out-of-town trip while reading Salamandastron. Notice that hazy mountain on the background that vaguely reminds me of the great Mountain of Badger Rulers.
Spoiler
[close]

Leatho Shellhound

Those are really swell! Thank you for getting these in!

I like how your picture, Jukka, it seems real relaxed and a warm spring day. And cheers to the tree seat!

And the mountain is a great backdrop for Salamandastron, also since in that book the characters are often traveling, it is neat that it is represented in your entry!

I do plan on giving it another 8 days, which would put the new deadline on Mothers day. As an extra privilege for posting on time, you two may post more that one entry if you should so wish.

click the banner

Dotti Dillworthy

I can't believe it's the 8th today here!
So as a gratitude for letting us post more than one entry, here are three more entries of mine with two scenes. Photoshooting plus gif-making is always fun, isn't it? ( Because it's pretty boring with just one pose! XD )

Scene one is the beach (my favourite!), with me standing on the rock reading Pearls of Lutra.
Spoiler
[close]

Scene two takes place at the park, this time with Mossflower at hand.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

Swan and heron statues and pigeons are a sure treat!
[close]

Captain Tammo

I'm away at school and don't have any of my Redwall books :'( I'd love to post a picture later once the semester ends this month (That's okay if the competition is over by then - just want to take part in this for fun :D)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on May 08, 2016, 05:30:31 AM
I'm away at school and don't have any of my Redwall books :'( I'd love to post a picture later once the semester ends this month (That's okay if the competition is over by then - just want to take part in this for fun :D)

Sorry about that, I'm sure I'll host more in the future. That's great, I'd enjoy seeing what you come up with. Plus this gets you and others to dust off some of these classics and give them new memories.

I'm happy to announce that the winner of the High Rhulain book contest is.....Dotti Lovegood and her entry of the swan and the book Mossflower!

Thank you to those who did submit, it has been really fun. Also a few of you said they have some in mind for a future showing, so I'm also looking forward to seeing what you'll have in store. :D

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 10, 2016, 03:02:53 PM
Congrats, Dotti!
Thankies, Jukka! I know you don't have a copy of it, and I was going to wishing you good luck on this contest though I was preoccupied on other stuff. Hope someday you will have time to get yourself one!

Jukka the Sling

:)  Thanks!  I'll probably get a copy sometime.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Perifaen

"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Lady Amber