News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Webcomics

Started by Aimless Gallivanter, March 29, 2016, 04:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

So Homestuck updated. And the EOA6 flash blows all others out of the water. Now we've just got Act 7 left and then it'll be over.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

I love the Awkward Yeti.

I'm retired from the forum

Aimless Gallivanter

Everyone here loves anthropomorphic animals, so ya'll should love this webcomic.
LACKADAISY: a comic about cat bootleggers set during the 1920s in America! The art is amazing, its super funny, the story is swell, the characters are fantastic.... there's minor language, but there's definitely a bit of violence.
http://www.lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1
heres the first page:
Spoiler
[close]
Here's the webcomic pretty well summarized in one page:
Spoiler
[close]
more like a teaser I guess. It's really good guys please read it.
Here's some of the characters:
Spoiler
[close]
im gay!!!!!!

Dotti Dillworthy

Ah, Lackadaisy! I have heard of it but haven't got some spare time to read it. Maybe I would.

Jetthebinturong

I really should catch up with Lackadaisy, if only for Mordecai.

The Skarzs

I kinda like that art style. Might check it out.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

Any one read The Silver Eye? http://www.thesilvereye.com/ I have to get caught up myself.

Spoiler
[close]
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jetthebinturong

So I've been reading Paranatural again and wow I was unobservant/forgetful when I read it the first time. I forgot about [REDACTED] being the medium for a shadow spirit, and about [REDACTED] possessing [REDACTED]. Also I'm pretty sure [REDACTED] is a ghost now. Also [REDACTED] had metaphorical spectral energy in the hitball scene. BUT NOTHING ON SCREEN IN PARANATURAL IS EVER METAPHORICAL! So is [REDACTED] a spectral? Also completely missed how Isaac (really weird reading about a character with my name) and Mr. Spender push each others buttons so much because they're so similar. I also found Isaac really annoying last readthrough, but now I sympathise with him a lot.

Considering the latest update, are [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] dating?

Aimless Gallivanter

:O i forgot about paranatural
i think it's been a year since i last read it? so im a year behind in updates
oddly enough, im reading a different webcomic thats written by the girlfriend/fiance of the author of paranatural
im gay!!!!!!

Edraithel

Has anyone read Spindrift? The art is beautiful.
Chapter Cover:
Spoiler
[close]

One of the pages:
Spoiler
[close]
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Groddil

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Brocktress on November 17, 2016, 01:43:20 AM
Has anyone read Spindrift? The art is beautiful.
Chapter Cover:
Spoiler
[close]

One of the pages:
Spoiler
[close]
The problem is that you didn't link directly to the images - rather, you linked to the pages they displayed them on. :P  I can't actually figure out right now how to get the direct links, but maybe that's 'cause I'm on a Kindle.  (Usually, you can right-click on an image and choose either "open image in new tab" or "copy image", and that way you'll get the direct URL.)

The art is gorgeous! :o  Here's the links so you can see the images Brocktress posted: http://www.spindrift-comic.com/comic/02/0  http://www.spindrift-comic.com/comic/02/77

So is the comic totally clean?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Edraithel

Sorry about that, I fixed it. I accidentally copied the page address not the image address. Let me read back through the comic real quick, but from what I remember there might be some semi nudity on one or two pages. I probably wouldn't recommend it for a younger audience.

Warning of any inappropriate content in Spindrift:
Spoiler
Edit: I found the page where it was. It's on page 27 and 28 of chapter one, it's a panel with a topless woman. But that's the only place I can think that there's something inappropriate.
[close]
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Jukka the Sling

Aha, yeah.  I've already read through the prologue, and there was a bit of nudity and implied... stuff.  Still, I'll keep reading if there's not much worse.

EDIT:  Eh, well, there was more adulty stuff at one point, like you said (that scene made me rather uncomfortable, not least because they weren't actually married), but I'VE ALREADY FINISHED IT NOOOOOOO

I love the art so much.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien