News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Colloborative Writing! (Planning and Signup)

Started by Blaggut, April 30, 2016, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Myrel

I am become death, Destroyer of Worlds.

Captain Tammo

I'll have a go at it! I think, before this topic burned out the first time, we had a rough plot going. Maybe we could reference that?

My idea is that we first start with a short story and see how it goes. Meaning I vote that we try to limit it to less than 10 chapters, or plan this out so that everyone writes just one chapter. If the project is a success we could move on to bigger and bigger stories! I say this because I'd hate to see a cool idea like this burn out half-way through. Thoughts?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Myrel

Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on January 01, 2017, 04:24:59 PM
I'll have a go at it! I think, before this topic burned out the first time, we had a rough plot going. Maybe we could reference that?

My idea is that we first start with a short story and see how it goes. Meaning I vote that we try to limit it to less than 10 chapters, or plan this out so that everyone writes just one chapter. If the project is a success we could move on to bigger and bigger stories! I say this because I'd hate to see a cool idea like this burn out half-way through. Thoughts?

I think we should set a time limit per chapter/page. I wouldn't want to wait a week or more just to see the next part, especially if there are aa bunch of us doing it. If there are 4 or more and someone takes a week to finish and then another person takes 2 weeks to finish, someone is going to have to wait a whole month or more just to get their turn.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Myrel on January 01, 2017, 04:36:17 PM
Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on January 01, 2017, 04:24:59 PM

I think we should set a time limit per chapter/page. I wouldn't want to wait a week or more just to see the next part, especially if there are aa bunch of us doing it. If there are 4 or more and someone takes a week to finish and then another person takes 2 weeks to finish, someone is going to have to wait a whole month or more just to get their turn.

That's a good point. What do we do if someone doesn't finish their chapter on time? Maybe give the chapter to someone else?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

Well, if we work out a basic plotline, then people could begin working on their chapter even while someone else is working. Then they just have to finish it up and fix any logical errors that might pop up due to someone else's writing.

You wouldn't be able to do a lot, but you'd be able to at least map out your chapter.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Or put up what you have written, finished or not.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Myrel

Just whatever someone happens to have at the end of their time limit will be what they will have to submit