A New Beginning - OOC Discussion and Sign-ups

Started by Delthion, July 06, 2016, 05:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

It's not too late! Both accepted! ;D

I'll start the thread tomorrow!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

*Double post.*

Alright, so the topic is up, I am incapable of the hare dialect so my apologies for that! ;D

Also, I just remembered this. There will be two parts to this. The first part ends with them completing the fortress, and the second will begin with vermin attacking.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Dannflower Reguba

Name: Brussel Willower

Race: Brown Squirrel

Role: Permanently modifying vermin anatomy... One pest at a time.

History: Brussel lived a fairly quiet life in a small village of squirrels. They tilled a clearing down below and grew a variety of edibles aside from that which grew naturally. Like most villages in the area, they had harvest festivals, and the like, inviting neighboring groups to join in on the activities. Brussel's village was just a short way North of Redwall, but still well buried in Mossflower wood. Every now and then he heard stories of small bands of Hares that would occasionally pass through the area and join them during holidays, but these stories were several years in the past. According to some travelers that had been through the area some time back, Salamandastron was their place of origin, and there had been some dispute over the leadership there.

Brussel's family was small, consisting of his parents, himself, and his older sister. The two siblings loved messing with each other, but not as much as they loved one another. Small as this family was, they were happy in the simplicity. When he was about 16, during the last harvest of the season, a small group of vermin surprised the collectors as they were picking up after the most recently cut down row of produce. The rows all started near the forest fringe, which made sneaking up relatively easy. The vermin were foreign to the area, and desperate for food, so they jumped the gatherers assuming what they were carrying could be consumed. Most of the woodlanders huddled together as they turned to run, but Brussel's sister was alone. There was a single archer in the group, and he pegged her straight through the heart as her feet lifted to run. The basket she had been holding was quickly absconded with, as the rodents made their escape. Brussel was never quite the strongest, but he had always been the fastest, and he was gone before anybeast could tell him, "no." It wasn't too long until he spotted the escapees, and the murderer was in the back. Dropping out of the trees, he landed on the weasel before he had a chance to react, firmly planting the vermin's skull in the dirt. All of the others passed on without even checking, they all knew the dangers, and they were willing to sacrifice a companion if it meant they got to live.

Brussel stood there, looking, watching, thinking... He didn't rage, he didn't weep. His anger was calm, and his grief internally agonizing. With clenched fists raised, the squirrel stared at them intently. These fists would henceforth be used to till kindness, sow love, and reap peace... Primarily by fertilizing the soil with corpses of those who would otherwise have wrought pain in the lives of the woodlanders. Without once returning, or even looking back, Brussel moved on. He possessed a wide knowledge of vegetation and the forest, upon these two things he lived while on the hunt. This hunt eventually crossed paths with those hares he'd only ever heard stories about, legends, fables, myths... Yet here they were. He knew they were the ones, it wasn't too hard to tell when they crossed paths by running down the same band of vermin. Ever since then he's stuck himself with them, learning their ways (especially when it comes to fisticuffs), and showing them the intricacies of the forest, nature's tell tale signs of, "eat me!" or, "don't walk here!" He's filled various roles for the hares as time has passed, and he's learned their story as well as their cause. His devotion to thinning vermin numbers has merged with a desire to see these hares of the Long Patrol to the next stage of their watch. For better or worse. 

Weapons: Primarily fights with bark-guarded feet and hands, having learned from personal experience, as well as the long patrol. He excels at debilitating opponents until he can land a crushing/life-ending blow, while avoiding or glancing off attacks using his speed, agility, and awareness to their fullest extent. Other than that, Brussel's been known to use less conventional methods to fight adversaries that posed unique challenges. Just in case, he does carry small throwing knives (gifts from the hares) which he's gotten quite accurate with. Even so, he prefers the more brutal up-close method, opting for the honesty of face-to-face combat as opposed to the way in which his dear sister's life was ended.

Appearance: His fur is medium-dark brown, resembling that of a dark oak. His eyes are a very vibrant lively yellow. He's of normal stature for most squirrel's with a brush slightly thinner than most. His tunic is patchy, consisting of dark forest green, and warm, medium brown. The guards he wears cover his entire forearms on the top (hands and fingers included), and both feet & shins on the exposed sides (left side of left leg, right side of right leg). They're made of mixed hard and soft barks, soft on top to absorb impacts (reducing reverberations), and hard on the bottom in the event he can't glance a blow (thankfully, that hasn't happened yet).

I don't have a whole lot of time right now, but I wanted to make sure my interest was expressed!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Delthion

Thank you Dan!

I just realized that I accidentally almost copied Faiy's RP, which is the one at the very back of this board! Oops... ;D

Groddil

(I don't think it was copying, considering that that RP never went ahead after so many months.)

Delthion

Yes. But I just thought it was rather funny.

Delthion

Yes, if you are an evil guy, Groddil is handling the vermin so PM him when you make your character. :)

Also! Once all of the hare people have posted then the feast will start and all that. ;D

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Delthion

Accepted!

@Groddil if you can just post then we can start the feast! ;D

Lady Ashenwyte

Is it too late to finish my character sheet?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Sunpaw(Tiria)

Groddil

@Sunpaw:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here's an extract of Del's first post.

Quote from: Delthion on July 06, 2016, 05:01:00 AM
There should no good or grey vermin in this one, the hares would never trust them.

Lady Ashenwyte

@Delthion  Do you mind adding my characters to the character list?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.