Mountain of the Fire Lizard, Continued

Started by Groddil, August 17, 2016, 05:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

OOC: Okay, let's do this. Firstly, there are a few characters that need to be finalized. Check out this spoiler and reply, please.

For Finalization

Sandpaw:

[CAPTAIN X] - If you can remember, please post this hare's name. Or just make a new name for him/her.

Ashenwyte:

[CREWBEAST Z] - If you can remember, please post this [mouse/rat]'s name. Or just make a new name for him. (I believe he was the one who stole Io's sword).
[close]

BIC:

*The story so far...*

Snipper, Captain-in-Training of the Long Patrol, was sent on an urgent mission to find the Guosim and get them to help defend Salamandastron from the incoming pirates.

Marshalpaw, the Patrol's General, decided to go with him. The two left through a tunnel in the underground cave system to avoid pirates, and in the process, were attacked by strange [rats?] armed with polearms. By using explosive oil, they managed to destroy the [rats?], but trapped themselves in a cavern by doing so. They have found a way out, down a very steep pit.

Io, a mysterious beast from across the seas, arrived at the gates of the Fire Mountain, looking for the [mouse/rat] that stole his sword. He decided to tag along with Stripepaw and some hares, who were trying to find the Marshalpaw and Snipper by searching the nearby sea caves. Io has asked them to look around for an ornament of his stolen by the [rats?]; a ferret's skull.

Yakkpar, the pirate captain, has boarded rowboats with the rest of his crew, and they have just landed on the beach. Among the shore party is Sanvista, the First Mate of Yakkpar's ship (and is Co-Dragon of the fleet, along with Stabby.), and "Mister Stabby" a psychotic weasel assassin with a very long name, who is the Second Mate of Yakkpar's ship (and is the Co-Dragon of the fleet, along with Sanvista.)

The other Long Patrol Captain, along with the Long Patrol Colonel, and his aide Sunpaw, are still at Salamandastron, getting the defences ready.

*Back to reality...*

Mister Stabby leapt into the shallows of the beach, drenching a few rats in a nearby rowboat. The weasel already had a dagger out, staring around for any signs of life. Nobeast in sight, he shrugged, and watched as the other rowboats bumped ashore, including the one carrying Yakkpar and Sanvista.
"Wot name, boss? Do I get to stab something? Hee hee hee..."

<|X|>

In the tunnels of the sea caves, near Salamandastron, Stripepaw halted the party of hares. He looked at Io, who had cleaned the crab's blood off his blade.
"A ferret's skull? What kind of ornament is that?"
The badger lord looked at one of the hares, who scurried back from further up the tunnel.
"Sir, its a no go. I climbed one ledge, but after that, the tunnel's way too smooth to climb, and the ledges are few and far between. I yelled upwards, and there was a faint sound coming back."
"Maybe they need to climb down. You there, the one with the supplies. Is there any rope? Good. Okay, you, with the bow. Tie the rope around an arrow. If they can get part of the way down, we might be able to send a line up to them, to get down the rest of the way."
The hares nodded, and began dutifully doing as they were asked.

<|X|>

In the cavern above, Marshalpaw had found a very frayed, but quite long, length of rope. He tested it's thickness; it would probably support Snipper's weight, but he would find it harder to get down. He looped the line around a boulder, then through a loop in Snipper's belt.
"Okay, young 'un. I'll try an' keep ye movin' down at a slow descent; not many paw holds. We'll see how long the rope reaches; we might 'ave ta climb part o' it by paw."

Ashleg

OOC-
Yakkpar is a rat...though I forget how he looked, how old he was, and most of his (barely developed) personality...minus the fact that he was irritable, sort of inept, and very easily spooked by Stabby...
If you remember any of it please tell me. ;)
IC-
"Not yet!" Yakkpar snapped, glowering up at Stabby.
"We 'ave'ta find somebeast first."

--

"What did you find, Sir?" Snipper asked, gazing at Marshalpaw.

Hickory

OOC: If I remember correctly, the hares name was something like Fredric Willowear the III? That'll be his full name and everyone else will just call him the Colonel.

BIC:

The Colonel watched as the Long Patrol moved to set up defenses. "Jolly good, jolly good," he commented to the other hares around him. "I'll oversee a few more preparations, then head down to the report to Stripepaw."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

OOC: Lulz, good luck reporting to Stripepaw. :p

BIC:

"Some sort o' skull, looks like a ferret's. Strange, its been decorated, or somethin' like that. I'll show it ta Stripepaw, 'ee might know somethin' about it."
The hare gripped the rope tightly.
"Ye ready ta go? I'll make sure ye don't fall."
Marshalpaw's ears pricked up.
"Did ye hear that? There's somebeast down there. When ye get to th' end o' yer rope, call out. Ask fer some more rope, so ye can get down the whole thing."

Ashleg

OOC-
I'm confused.
They're going down? Up?

Groddil

Fatch of Southsward

Cheesetail the rat had been among those 'volunteered' to go aground on the rowboats. He now sloshed up onto land, up to his ankles in foamy water. Despite spending half his life at sea, he had always hated the water. The damp sand stuck to his footpaws, and he wallowed in misery.

It was thus understandable that he was particularly unhappy about his current predicament. He had just completed several hours of guard duty on deck, and he was very tired. In addition, his head ached from being hit over the head in retaliation to falling asleep during guard duty. Now he was cold and wet on some desolate beach, tired, hungry, thirsty and chilled to the bone. These were some of the many pitfall involved with being a pirate. His dreams of glory certainly had fallen short.

He wiped his weary eyes, and leaned on his spear, as he always did. The solidly built weapon was actually beginning to bend because he leaned on it so often. He decided it was best to convey his professional opinion on the matter:

"Huh, ain't no beasts round here, nope! Not'in but sand an' sea. No 'uns to stab, no 'uns to cook up fer a stew. 'Tis a hard an misserable life bein' a pirate."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Ashleg

"Hard an' miserable, my tail." Yakkpar snapped.
"We'll travel inland and there we'd ought to find somebeast."

--

"I'm ready," Snipper said, creeping to the end of the ledge and peering down.
"It's very high..."

Groddil

"Somebeast to STAB? Stabby would like that! Look! O'er there, lying on that boulder. A longears! Can I stab him, boss?"

<|X|>

"Aye. Hopefully, the creatures at th' bottom can throw somethin' up to ye, if ye run outta rope. Okay, step off the ledge an' put yer footpaws in front o' ye, flat aginst th' rocks. Then, just start walkin' down."

Ashleg

Snipper stared down a bit more and then glanced back up at Marshalpaw, grinning mischievously as he gave the rope a firm tug.
"Walkin' down goes against my nature, Sah. Yaahoooo!" The young hare took a leap off the ledge.

--

"Have at 'im." Yakkpar grumbled.

Groddil

Marshalpaw gave a swift tug, stopping Snipper's descent, leaving him dangling a few feet below the rim of the drop.
"Bloody flamin' Hellgates, young un. D'ye 'ave a deathwish? 'Ow old d'ye reckon this rope is? It won't hold ye if ya try stupid stunts like that again. Take it slowly; I don't want you dyin' this close to escape."

Ashleg

"Yes...yessir!" Snipper called, scowling as he began his descent again.
"Flippin' boring old hare thinks he knows what's best for me."

Fatch of Southsward

Cheesetail, despite being a villainous pirate vermin, was somewhat mellow in terms of senseless murder. In addition, he had a very important thing to worry about - his own skin! For these reasons he piped up before Stabby and stabbed the unsuspecting hare.

"May'haps we shud intraterrorgates him chief! Wut if there's more longears lying on boulders aroun' this place? Gives me the collywobbles, this dratted place does."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

Stabby looked down from where he was standing next to the hare and pointed a dagger at Cheesetail, an evil grin on his face. He managed to squeeze out a sentence through gritted teeth.
"If'n ye ever suggest takin' me stabbin' away from me jus' as I'm about ta do it, ye'll be next!"
Awakened by the weasel's angry speech, the hare shot upright.
"Vermin! Vermin at th' bloomin'-"
Stabby stuck his paw out, grabbing the hare and bringing him closer. With his other paw, he shoved a dagger hooked dagger into the hare's chest and pulled backwards. The poor creature's flesh fell away in a large chunk. Stabby reached in and took a lung from the hare's body, then threw it at Cheesetail.
"Alright, ratty, fer that, ye get ta carry me lunch!"

Ashleg

Yakkpar grimaced and bumped Cheesetail out of the way.
"Alright, Stabby, enough's enough! We're pirates, not cannibals!"