The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Darktooth grinned, drawing his sword.
"Th' chief didn't get ta where 'ee did by bein' weak. Neither did I. But these two..."
The ferret swung his blade in a wide arc, severing the scouts' tails and causing them to thud to the ground.

Elijah turned to look at the old mouse.
"Father Abbot? What do you need?"

Gonff the Mousethief

In response to both Twist and Darrin, the fox scanned the area once more before explaining himself.
"Everything in these forests down 'ere are just, busy. In the Northlands, ain't nothing but wind. Down 'ere, y'got loud rivers, birds tweetin', an' that Hacklaw chasin' after us. The small things, y'ken."
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

"Yer scared of birds, Marshall?" Twisty sneered, leaning in.
"Oh, oh--an' rivers? Well, y'd best hurry up an' leave, too, so those birds don't getcha." He scratched behind his ear with his good paw, glancing lazily at Darrin.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Well, when the only bird y'meet want to slay ye, and the only quick dip in a river will freeze ye to death, I think I do have a rightful reason. Y'just lucky ye live down here; I dunno how ye would fair where I'm from." He replied with a smirk. He would be dead before even making it to the Pines.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Ashleg

Marshall was throwing shade for sure...stupid fox.
Having stopped caring about what Darrin would think of him, Twisty's paw traveled to his dagger.
"Aye, an' was that a challenge, mate?"

LT Sandpaw

Left holding the two tails Hacklaw released a booming laugh, the humor of the situation allowing him to ignore the slight pain in his footpaws. Giving the closest weasel a kick in his bleeding tail stump the stoat sent them scurrying away. "Get out of here ye lucky dogs, be glad the only thing ye lost is these here soppy excuses for tails. Now somebeast fetch two new scouts, and Naplaw to me."

Pressing the two disembodied appendages against Darktooth's shoulders Hacklaw mused aloud. "A fair swing, hm, but they don't look good on you my friend, the wrong color. Unless ye want truly want them to compliment your armor, I'll be giving these to my youngest son." Hacklaw raised his eyebrows knowingly, watching Darktooth for his response.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Carrying a bundle of scrolls in her arms Nicki Blupaw treaded slowly across the Abbey lawns, her paws crunching the light frost underfoot. She hummed a rowing hymn under her breath as she went, occasionally kicking a pebble high into the air with a skillful skip.

The sound of Abbot Gerard's voice caught her ears, and the young hedgehog looked in his direction, changing course and heading towards them.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall noticed his sudden move for his weapon and began to twirl his axe from his position.
"I dunno; If I was ye, I would be quite hesitant to lose another paw."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Ashleg

The rat bared his teeth and tugged at the glove that covered his twisted paw.
"T'was born like this, it didn't happen in a fight. C'mere, I say, mebbe I could show ye 'ow it feels..."
Swishing his tail, he began advancing towards Marshall with the dagger poised.

The Skarzs

Darrin drew his own sword and stepped between the two creatures. "Shut your feed-holes and straighten up, you louts!" he said commandingly. "Pull the mud out of your ears and listen to how petty you both are; arguing over rivers and birds. It's disgusting."
  He looked meaningfully at them both before sheathing his sword. "You two are leading the way, today, so figure out how to cooperate long enough to find our next rest stop."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Gonff the Mousethief

The blue fox just snorted as he slid his axe back into his belt.
"Ye know, ye vermin down here have very different meanin' for words such as 'disgusting' and 'petty'. Odd, don't ye say Twisty mate?" He gave a slow nod to his adversary hoping to stir the pot even more. Marshall hoped so much to see him snap it had become a game. Mossflower vermin were of a completely different breed it seemed.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Ashleg

"What d'you mean, huh?" sneered Twisty, gray eyes flicking back and forth angrily as he stuffed his weapon away.
He pointed south.
"Might as well get on with our escape, eh, Marshall...y'know?"
The rat paused, smirking. "If I drownded yer inna river, nobeast could tell. Right, ole Blue?

Gonff the Mousethief

"Ye folk think provin' is petty and fighting is disgusting. Odd lads aren't ye?"
The fox simply nodded at his orders and grabbed his pack, ready from the night before. He caught onto what Twisty was speaking of and grew his own smile.
"I dunno; depends on if I would tell once I got to ye first Twisty. Say, got any other names? What about, Lame Paw? Or just Twist?" He commented while looking into the deep grove of southern trees. Going anywhere with this lad was going to be a challenge.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Groddil

The Skarzs

OOC: I've been occupied. Hopefully I can do a decent post tomorrow after work.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.