Redwall D&D Campaign

Started by Blaggut, March 26, 2016, 01:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Anyone up for this? I'm working on a map and I've got some D&D (playing and GMing) experience. We can do it on the Forum and/or Skype. Magic will not be included, with the exception of enchanted relics, unless you guys want it in there.
~Just a soft space boi~

Aimless Gallivanter

yes
yes yes yes
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

Could be interesting...Although I'd have to do it on the forum, Skype isn't an option for me.

W0NWILL

* BatLord teleports in faster than the speed of light, and thus breaks all the laws of the universe, and destroys everything that ever was, ever is, and ever will be

Alternatively, we could do a traditional DnD sort of thing. Not Redwall. Though the Redwall aspect could definitely be interesting.

Aimless Gallivanter

im down for any kind of DnD type thing, whether Redwall or not.
just a heads up, i basically have no experience with that kind of roleplaying.
im gay!!!!!!

W0NWILL

It's not too much different. It's a little slower and stuff for some reasons. Gimme a sec, I might be able to dredge up an example of online DnD-ing.

Aimless Gallivanter

i know how it works, i just havent played it
im gay!!!!!!

Ashleg

Quote from: Groddil on March 26, 2016, 01:35:33 AM
Could be interesting...Although I'd have to do it on the forum, Skype isn't an option for me.

Except I'd need you to tell me how it works.

W0NWILL

Okay...

* BatLord pushes extremely long and detailed post away

That's good too. Probably better than getting into the roleplaying I do on other sites. :P

* BatLord sees Ashleg

Oh, do you need an explanation? I wanna do some explainin'!

Ashleg

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

W0NWILL

Yay! I really like explaining this stuff. Really like it too much. I talk far too much about it and no-one needs me to and they all look at me like I'm obsessed, and I most definitely am not! So this is a section of a fight:

I rolled a d20 to stay undetected and shared it in a post.

Quote from: MeGrim's rolled a 19 for stealth

And then the DM used his special DM powers to determine what happens, and made a post on it.

Quote from: DM
Grim successfully avoids causing a loud ruckus, the natural noises of the stream drowning out the splashing noises he made.
Sia, roll stealth plz
Evender, knowing that his chainmail prevented him from having any decent chance at sneaking, chose to lay low away from everyone else, pulling out his spear.
Charix, seeing everyone else drop down, decided to go follow everyone else.
The poor little 'bold, while trying to cross the stream, tripped over a hidden underwater obstacle that he missed and fell facefirst into the water, splashing loudly. He did get up in time, but...

A pair of beady-eyed greenskinned goblins peeked through blinds in the thickets, and scrambled to get arrows. Grim was just enough out of sight, but they spotted Evender and Charix for sure.

Roll for Initiative.

So then the other player and I rolled a d20 and added our initiative modifiers to the number we got.

Quote from: Me5 for initiative

Quote from: Other Player12

And the DM looked at the initiative everyone got and determined who had the first turn.

Quote from: DM post
The figure in the bushes that directed the group towards the goblins reacted first, drawing back a shortbow and letting loose an arrow.

It fails to connect, instead getting tangled into the bushes.

Sia's turn. They don't notice you, by the way.

And then the other player took her turn.

Quote from: Other PlayerSia quickly drew her shortbow to shot the nearest foe.

Rolling...

And it continues for a while, the DM telling the players if they hit with their attacks, and all of the, going in their respective turns. Outside of combat, it's pretty much the same as our roleplaying, with the occasional rolling of dice to determine if you can do something or not. So it's exactly like tabletop DnD, just a little slower. Or it's exactly like play-by-post, only with dice and an all-powerful game master.

Lady Ashenwyte

Sure! Do I need a rulebook or anything of the sort, though?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

W0NWILL

A player's handbook is extremely helpful, though it's possible to do it without one, though you'll need a lot of help.

Wylder Treejumper

If we do Basic or 1st Ed, it should be fairly simple; The rules could mostly be posted on here. Labyrinth Lord would be a good generic start- it's all available on online.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.