News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Survival of the Fittest (Skarzs vs Jet)

Started by Jetthebinturong, April 09, 2014, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

The going was tough. For a creature born in this desolate hell of a land it should have been easier to move through the snow, perhaps to skip across the top of it like a magical pixie or whatever else skipped, but no, the going was tough. Thankfully Lumikko was almost to the top of the hill otherwise she would've just given up there and then but hills are good vantage points, they allow you to scan the land for your next target, your next kill, your next meal. The land of Ice and Snow was not a nice place to live, that was for sure. Sometimes Lumikko imagined what it would have been like to be born anywhere else, somewhere you didn't have to watch out for others who might decide that they wanted to eat you, somewhere where you didn't have to resort to cannibalism to survive... It was a foolish train of thought to take, but other than hunt, eat and wonder what was there to do here? Absolutely nothing, that was what and so Lumikko wondered.

As Lumikko made her way over the top of the hill, she grinned, someone was already here, they had their back to her, this was just to easy. She bounded across the now level ground and launched herself at them.

OOC: I want them to fall down the hill at some point, preferably now
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Reshg heard something: the soft footsteps of somebeast walking through snow. Turning, he saw, too late, an ermine launching herself at him. She bowled into him, and he grunted as the fell backwards toward the sloping hillside, beginning to fall down.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Lumikko hissed, she had not meant to knock him over and she had certainly not meant to send herself and her quarry sliding down a snowy hill on their backs, it hurt. She freed a dagger from her belt, twisted onto her side and swiped at the ferret. She cursed the height of this hill, it was so tall and she was going to spend ages painfully sliding down it. It also crossed her mind that it would be incredibly difficult to fight like this.

The Skarzs

Struggling to keep his balance, the ferret drew a shortsword with his right paw, while dragging his free paw in the snow to slow him down. This ermine doesn't want anything but my death, he thought. Well, I certainly won't go without a fight.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Lumikko was trying, and failing, to slow herself down. Did sliding down anything hurt this much? She was almost certain that snow was not supposed to burn. Her musings were interrupted by a sharp pain as she smashed into a rock bounced off it and tumbled head over heels through the air, sprawling into the snow at the bottom of the hill. She immediately leaped to her feet and turned around, drawing her other dagger as she did so, the ferret would soon reach the bottom too.

The Skarzs

Waiting until he was near the bottom, Reshg steeled himself for the jump. Taking his paw off the hill, he pushed off, using the momentum of his slide to further his speed. He pointed his sword down as he fell toward Lumikko.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Lumikko cursed and leaped backward, the sword buried itself in the snow where she had stood not a moment before. She swiped at the ferret's throat with her dagger, hoping to end this quickly.

OOC: Check Troll's Plight

The Skarzs

OOC: Will do.

BIC: Reshg felt his skin split on his chin. Backing up, he tasted the wound: blood. Looking at Lumikko, he circled her, keeping his sword trained at her.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Lumikko growled. It was not supposed to have gone this way. The ferret should be lying dead at her feet, not pointing a sword at her as they circled each other. Lumikko was accustomed to taking risks, it was part of what had allowed her to survive this long, she dropped into a roll under the sword, going into a crouch as she slashed at her opponent's stomach.

The Skarzs

Reshg hopped backwards as the ermine rolled at him. Her blade cut through his first layer of clothes, and the knew he got lucky then. The ferret stabbed at Lumikko with a swift jabbing motion, hoping to wound her shoulder.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.