News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Duel: Morgazath vs. Stonestripe

Started by Morgazath, May 02, 2015, 07:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgazath

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! The repeated sounds of a sword on wood rang out from the training area as a young otter practiced for an upcoming tournament. Varo Blacksea practiced long and hard for this tournament, hoping he can best his old friend, Rauthum Wavebreak.   
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Stonestripe

Walking up quietly and leaning against a tree Rauthum Wavebreak watched Varo practice. It had been a few seasons since he last visited the Blacksea Holt and he was glad to see his old friend working hard training.

"I see ya still pretty good at whittling a stick" ,Rauthum said with a big grin, "I'll be sure to warn the trees about the notorious Varo Woodchopper."

"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

Morgazath

Varo turned from his practicing at the sound of Rauthum's voice. Grinning broadly at the jibe, Varo put his sword back in his scabbard and replied to Rauthum. "Well sink me rudder, if it isn't me ol' matey, Rauthum Wavebreak. Ow've you've been, mate?"
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Stonestripe

"I've been swell me ol' rudderthumper, been roving the big waters spanking vermin like bad dibbuns. Soon as I herd the Blacksea Holt was having this grand event I swam this way." With smile still on his sleek features Rauthum tossed his clam knife idly as he spoke.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

Morgazath

Varo's laugh rang out around the training area. "So me ol' matey, Rauthum is taking part in this competition, eh? At least I'll have some competition." With that, Varo took out his sword, readied his shield and posed a fighting stance. "Now then, let's see how much you've learned."

Stonestripe

Rauthum pulled his short sword out of it's sheath, holding it loosely at his side, and slipped his clam knife back into it's place on his belt. Using a wide comfortable stance he raised his blade and tapped Varo's blade with it.

"Lets see what you can do mate."

Morgazath

OOC: Incredibly sorry this took so long.

BIC: Smiling broadly, Varo moved his blade up and down Rauthum's. "This should be fun." He said cheerfully. With that, he leaped back, and did a half step forward, swinging his sword in a lightning fast arc. 

Stonestripe

Surprised by the fast movement Rauthum stumbled a bit then brought his sword up stopping the blow short of his face. Smiling through the strain and his numbed paw from the sudden clash of metal he said, "The seasons have been good to you mate, nice and strong, it's all that ot'root your mum feeds ya eh."

Morgazath

Grinning broadly, Varo withdrew a couple paces. "Thanks, mate. The seasons have been good to you, too. That was a pretty fast block. It's like my mum used to say, 'The best way 'or an otter to be strong is exercise, practice and ot'root.'"

With that, Varo took a defensive stance. "Your turn. Hopefully your attacking is as fast as your defending."

Stonestripe

Rauthum's smile widened and he said, "It's easy to stay quick when you dance with all the pretty females." He started a small jig like dance. Then with a quick side step Rauthum swung his sword at Varo's exposed side.

Morgazath

Caught a little off guard at Rauthum's quick attack, Varo barely managed to block and jump back. He grinned. "I hope you're not talking about that time when we were at the Festival and all the maids came to me and ignored you."

Following these word was a feint, then lunge.