Main Menu

Squirrelking Araltum

Started by Ashleg, October 08, 2017, 03:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Because this has come up recently.

Re: I like him.

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Krantor the Brutal

Not until he changed his attitude, and you had Dotti to counter his character.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

He was better before.

I mean hey, finally Woodlanders that aren't so goody-goody.

In Araltum's case, yes he was a coward, but he doesn't have to be brave.

Krantor the Brutal

First, when I say I don't like a character, it means I don't like their attitude.
As characters, it is good that they have different personalities, otherwise the books will all be the same. And that would be boring.

Ashleg

Okay, fine; as a character, what do you think of him?

Krantor the Brutal

For Altarum, not really,  he hardly adds to the plot, however he is the reason Tam was sent in the first place,  for that I am thankful.

Bigbones, is a good character though.

Ashleg

Ashleg's OPINION that will probably make some people mad-
Spoiler
Araltum > Tam and Doogy
[close]

Hm, I can agree with that. Lord Brocktree and Taggerung actually had heroes I liked.

You don't know me yet, Krantor, but usually the heroes peeve me.

Krantor the Brutal

Because they're all the same. (The heroes)

Ashleg

And Araltum and Bucko started off more like characters I would create.

Krantor the Brutal

Ashleg

Are you...you...you saw my signature, didn't you?

Wylder Treejumper

I must heartily disagree here. Araltum was a vain and spoiled brat, whereas Tam was an noble warrior, and Doogy was simply hilarious. Sure, I'm down for not so goody-goody woodlanders, but I'd take the insufferable Yoofus Lightpaw over the pompous and cruel squirrelking.

Of course, even then we have the people who cry "Double standard!" regarding the treatment of Yoofus versus the treatment of vermin, but I won't get into that now.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Krantor the Brutal