Visualizing Redwall animals on two or four legs

Started by a crumb, October 09, 2017, 04:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you visualize Redwall's animals as operating on two or four legs?

All species on four legs
0 (0%)
All species on two legs
9 (31%)
Most species on four legs
0 (0%)
Most species on two legs
19 (65.5%)
Other
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

MeadowR

Yeah, that's a better example to show!

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on October 13, 2017, 06:10:41 PM
I just looked at the UK cover of The Rogue Crew and an otter drawn wearing shorts looks pretty awkward, like the illustrator couldn't quite work out whether drawing the legs like that to enable shorts really worked or not.

Just to quote myself, because it dawned on me a few hours ago that it was the High Rhulain cover, not The Rogue Crew I was looking at, in case anybody had a look at the cover and thought, 'what on Earth is she on about?' ;D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

This one?

This is the copy I have, and yeah, that otter with the karate pants pants looks wonky.

Krantor the Brutal

Aye. I don't think most creatures had pants at that time... if it is a medieval setting.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

I don't remember many characters written with pants.

MeadowR

Yep! That's the version I meant! It doesn't look right even in thumbnail form.

That's one argument against trousers in the Redwall universe!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

It can be done, but again with a more cartoony style.

If yer gonna draw 'em realistic like that, maybe...lay off the pants. Because it looks awkward.

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

a crumb

There's also the Winifred principle from the tv series. Just randomly don't give any clothes to otters.

Krantor the Brutal

I guess it has to do with the otters swimming...
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

MeadowR

That was an odd decision. The fact the animals are wearing clothes at all means that the otter would be considered naked. (And that will just simply not do. Hem hem. !) She should at least have had a thin tunic suitable for diving into the water.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Krantor the Brutal

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Consider that the show was for kids who don't understand those things...

Ashleg

Ashleg is having flashbacks to the character he drew that y'all said needed clothes.

Personally, I think clothes are optional for animals.
Most of them don't even wear pants. And sometimes ones that 'do' wear ONLY pants.

So...
Don't see why it's okay to only have one but neither would be taboo.

The Skarzs

Why? Because people visuallize things differently. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.