News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Salamandastron: Civil War

Started by Unimaginative, October 17, 2017, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Seems like it.

Honestly it's hard to pick a side because neither has any real proof or reason.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Unimaginative

It's open to interpretation about which brother is eldest. Sorry for my inactivity, I've been really busy. But show week is over, so I should be active again.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Skarzs

I'm honestly with Wylder's character here. XD There doesn't seem to be much reason to choose either side except for accusations having been tossed around. "Warmonger" should probably be explained.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

@Unimaginative Character's finally done! Just waiting for approval..... Is anything happening at the mountain?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wylder Treejumper

Personally, I think we need a real reason to support one or the other. Make the badger lords take some sort of position, because right now there is basically no difference between them. Not even temperament wise.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

^^^
IMO, let's say Doboslav is who will be the righteous one. Then perhaps his claim that his brother is a warmonger would be true. How? Examples like how Ehedetor waged war against a certain vermin tribe, but destroyed a settlement of woodlanders in the midst of it. Maybe it's an obsession of his to fight, and keeps looking for ways to do so.
His supporters would excuse this as him being valiant against evil, and that there are such things as acceptable losses.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Sure, that works. In that case, Ehdehtor might even be willing to attack Redwall in order to press his claim. Sort of a blind crusader type, if you will. Probably has a Roseyes Complex.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

That might be too easy (Doboslav being "righteous"). From my reading Doboslav seems more of a conspirer and a schemer, while Ehedetor seems more like the 'traditional' badger lord, favoring a direct approach.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 14, 2017, 05:10:28 PM
That might be too easy (Doboslav being "righteous"). From my reading Doboslav seems more of a conspirer and a schemer, while Ehedetor seems more like the 'traditional' badger lord, favoring a direct approach.

Very true, Doboslov strikes me as a conniving sneak. Meanwhile, Ehedetor is a bit more aggressive than average, but he fits the stereotypes. I'd say that we should let it play out right now, they apparent existence of gray areas makes the decision making process more real for the players themselves as they try to figure the two sides out.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

That's the thing, though, we have nothing yet that makes us want to choose a side.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Do you hate rushing into things head-first and risking lives needlessly and think a more intellectual approach is the way to ensure peace? Join Doboslav.

Do you hate connivers and cowards for whom the means justify the ends, and favor quick decisive action, honor, and loyalty? Join Ehedetor.

Perhaps a little oversimplified, but that's for y'all to decide. ;)
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

@Wylder Treejumper I'm okay with that. As far as I can tell it was up to us to decide who would win or be right anyways.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.