News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Vilu Daskar - Badrang the Tyrant

Started by Ashleg, April 03, 2018, 05:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Let's discuss the parallels between Martin's story and his father's, particularly concerning the stoat they each had to face.

Both stoats (and yes, this thread has Spoilers for the books, so stop reading now if you don't want to be spoiled for Martin the Warrior and Legend of Luke) did wrong to mice in the same family, Warriors each, but that is not where it ends.
Vilu killed Sanya, Badrang killed Rose. Both kept slaves. Both for certain had some kind of cowardice in them (Vilu begs when Luke threatens to kill him- which is paralleled in Badrang when Martin is about to do the same.)

You think this was intentional when Brian wrote Luke's story? If so, what do you think is the in-story reason for the parallels? I doubt the two vermin to be related (and don't like the idea in general) but I have heard that theory from some.

Jetthebinturong

It may have been intentional, but frankly cowardice is a trait they share with almost every other villain in the series, and I'm almost certain they're not the only ones who died begging for their lives.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

They're also both stoats - and wasn't Vilu in the same mindset of Badrang that stoats were the superior species?