News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Add and Divide

Started by Ashleg, November 22, 2017, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

321tumbler

Meadow gaped at the sudden change in the abbot's mannerisms. "I don't think I understand, Father. What do you mean?"

Ashleg

"You do not need to have any experience yet, because I'll teach you," he said, clearing his throat and sitting straighter. Enough of that childish laughter.
"The only way for any of them to respect you is for them to see that their leader does. Am I not correct? As much as Vincor is cunning and sly, the Abbot's job would be too hard for him. But I have had my eye on you since the day we found you abandoned outside our doors."

321tumbler

Meadow still wasn't convinced, especially after the abbot's strange outburst, but she didn't want to disrespect him by continuing to disagree.

"I really don't know what you see in me, Father, but I guess if you think I'm fit for the position. I very likely will disappoint you, though."

Ashleg

"Not to worry, my pet, not to worry at all." Orzmul trilled. "Why don't you go ahead and do your duties as normal, and I shall seek you later?"

321tumbler

Meadow nodded. "Yes, Father. Thank you." she said.

Ashleg

Orzmul nodded, then squinted at her, and tilted his head at the door.
A look of irritation spread across his face. "What are you waiting for, surely you can open it yourself?"

321tumbler

"Oh, oh, yes Father. I am very sorry." Meadow jumped up and quickly made her way out the door and down the hallway.

She went back to her room and sat on the bed, trying to take in what had happened.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

OOC:
THE END!!!  ;D
Great story, guys, there was so much depth in this that we definitely need a part two!

I joke. I just forgot.
IC-
Down in the courtyard, a brown rat approached Vincor.
"Wot're we doing t'day, boss? There's been an awrful chill in th' air lately...an' not much o' th' Abbot neither. Say, yew see 'im a ton, is he sick?"

This rat was either very bold or surely stupid, for that sort of question was brash and could get one reprimanded. You did not talk about the Abbot like that.

"I heard...I 'eard 'e's taken a fancy t' dat mousey over yew..."

The Skarzs

Vincor suddenly grabbed the rat and slammed him against a pillar, dark eyes boring into his victim's. "Great Father Abbot will do as he please. And if it pleases him to take to the mouse, then we must obey his wish."
  He released the rat. "Or have you forgotten that he sees and hears all, and that his wisdom is unquestionable?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"R-Right!" the rat gasped, quivering. "Th' Superior shall do as 'e wishes ter, I don't ferget nothin'! I was just wonderin' why...why he'd choose a mouse an' all, 'tain't like she's proved t' be worth anythin'..."

The Skarzs

Despite his jealousy, Vincor held himself back from speaking against the abbot's decision.
  "It doesn't matter. She has been chosen."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"Chosen 'r not, I think it's bogus." The rat, whose name was Sniklaw, tucked a brown paw into his robe and produced a small dagger with a thin point. "I'd like ta talk ter her, methinks. Make sure th' liddle mousey knows she ain't better'n me an' none of us--than you, Vincor."
He must have been stupid to run his tongue, or his confidence was as tall as a pillar. Perhaps a mix of both could be found in the cocky rodent--nevertheless, he wore a horrible grin on his nasty features.
"The Superior don't respect yew no more...'ow soon will it be 'till he takes ye outta the picture fer good?"

The Skarzs

Vincor reached out and took the dagger, looking at it. The black handle led to a dark steel guard, curling on the sides like two ram horns. From there, the blade protruded, wickedly sharp and glinting in the light. It would be so easy. . .Meadow was inferior, unworthy. What made her so much more. . . special?
  Had Vincor not been zealous enough? Had he not followed the Laws since before he could read through the guidance of his parents? Or was Abbot Orzmul going senile. . . and insane?
  "No."
  Vincor grabbed Sniklaw by the wrist and pressed his paw against the pillar, thrusting the dagger into it. "I will not betray the abbot!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Sniklaw's scream sliced through the air, and he turned his head in horror to see the trails of blood that trickled down his arm--and the pillar. Skewered with his own dagger, the rat started to squirm and plead.
"Take it out!" he cried, babbling desperately. "I di'n't do nothin', Grace t' 'is Abbot, 'ave mercy...!"