News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The cartoon?

Started by TorryEllis, December 20, 2017, 08:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on December 31, 2017, 08:24:20 PM
I LOVED THE TV SERIES!  The animation was great, and I really liked the plot of season 3.  The voice work was well-done

Also I have no objections to watching it on YouTube.  If the copyright owners really cared they would have it taken down.
Oh, yeah, I think they did a great job on the voices too!  (Except for the shrews. . . They must not have been sure what accent to use so they used Russian.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

SoranMBane

Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on December 31, 2017, 08:24:20 PMAlso I have no objections to watching it on YouTube.  If the copyright owners really cared they would have it taken down.

Well, more like if the copyright owners actually cared, then they would have put some actual effort into their own Youtube channel. Because there actually is an official Redwall Youtube channel where you can watch full episodes of the animated series, except it's total garbage. Most of the episodes don't even have the episode numbers in the titles, they're not uploaded in order, the playlists are incomplete (and not organized into any particular order), and a lot of the episodes have annoying audio issues. The only thing that puts the official channel over unofficial uploads is that the visual quality is better.

Daggertooth is a Derp

Daggertooth here!

I'm a new user too, and I've only seen episode one of Redwall but I enjoy it a lot- might actually be one of my favorite cartoon T.V. shows besides Invader Zim... definitely one of my favorite pre-2000 cartoons...
I actually am listening to Redwall right now as background noise!
Daggertooth Stats-
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Alliance: Tramun Clogg
Species: Ferret
Description: Albino ferret with dark markings on the back and with a champagne-colored mask
~~~
"I am colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
pull me out from inside," - Colorblind, Counting Crows

Captain Tammo

Hey @Daggertooth is a Derp , welcome to the forum!!

I watched a couple seasons of Redwall a ways back. I think it was Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior, and the Redwall movie. Still, I never actually watched Redwall season 1. Maybe I'll watch it this week! ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Daggertooth is a Derp

Quote from: Captain Tammo on January 07, 2018, 05:47:39 PM
Hey @Daggertooth is a Derp , welcome to the forum!!

I watched a couple seasons of Redwall a ways back. I think it was Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior, and the Redwall movie. Still, I never actually watched Redwall season 1. Maybe I'll watch it this week! ;D

You should! It's cheesy and the voice actors aren't the greatest but it definitely delivers on its promise: Redwall!
Daggertooth Stats-
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Alliance: Tramun Clogg
Species: Ferret
Description: Albino ferret with dark markings on the back and with a champagne-colored mask
~~~
"I am colorblind
Coffee black and egg white
pull me out from inside," - Colorblind, Counting Crows

LordTBT

Quote from: SoranMBane on January 01, 2018, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on December 31, 2017, 08:24:20 PMAlso I have no objections to watching it on YouTube.  If the copyright owners really cared they would have it taken down.

Well, more like if the copyright owners actually cared, then they would have put some actual effort into their own Youtube channel. Because there actually is an official Redwall Youtube channel where you can watch full episodes of the animated series, except it's total garbage. Most of the episodes don't even have the episode numbers in the titles, they're not uploaded in order, the playlists are incomplete (and not organized into any particular order), and a lot of the episodes have annoying audio issues. The only thing that puts the official channel over unofficial uploads is that the visual quality is better.

There IS NOT an official YouTube channel, what you're referring to, as far as I know, is fraudulent. It even says its location is Germany, if that wasn't obvious enough. It is very easy to register accounts and say one is "official" - and that appears to be the case here.

SoranMBane

Then I guess that's on Youtube if it's actually that meaningless when it says a channel is "verified." :-\

Jetthebinturong

I dunno. I thought it was pretty difficult to get verified on Youtube? I've certainly never seen any small channels with a verified mark.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LordTBT

You are on the official Redwall website. It doesn't have a YouTube channel, nor is it based in Germany. Nor was the show created or produced in Germany. Nor is Nelvana now based in Germany.

That's about all the information you need.

Frank Clydth

If i were to rate the redwall cartoon series, Then season 1 would be first, followed by season 3 and lastly season 2.
"Madder than midwinter, stronger than a four-topped oak, temper like lightnin', full 'o the Bloodwrath."- Russa

Grond

Quote from: LordTBT on December 31, 2017, 09:52:03 PM
Sure except those sites typically require a paid membership and the bigger problem is that what content is available on them varies from country to country. For instance, some t.v. series, movies etc... that are available on the American Netflix aren't available on Netflix Canada or Netflix in European countries etc... due to differing copyright and licensing laws between countries. You can get around that by Tor Browser or using some proxy server but then again that is also technically going against copyright rules to get that content. Youtube is universal if you have access to youtube this content is available anywhere you are in the world.

"Except"? You make it sound like people write books, create music, and make movies, video games, and TV shows so you can watch/read/listen to their art for free.

You pay for content you're interested in so that the people responsible for making it can keep making content. Novel idea! If you want to take advantage of the internet to rip-off art, you don't have to advertise that to others.

Dude, obviously nobody does anything for free and artists do make money off their products or else no new content would e produced. However, for years you couldn't find I believe season 2 and 3 of Redwall anywhere. You could only buy the VHS tapes or older dvds off private individuals who had previously bought them and where selling them for exuberant prices. I remember this some years back. There is even a thread about it on this forum I believe. Now I think its changed with stream or on demand off amazon- but this is a pretty recent development.

There are also cartoons which are no longer being aired nor are DVD copies being produced. The only copies that you can SOMETIMES find which are easily accessible to large swaths of fans are on youtube or other such sites where someone uploaded them "illegally". Without this they would be lost except to those who had bought an original copy years ago. What do you find preferable ? In neither of these 2 scenarios will the original artist be making additional money.

Plus I would imagine most of the revenue that was generated for the creator of the series and artists happened during the time the series was being aired on television and that this was when it had the widest audience and most $$$$ generated....

WUMASTER

I feel like we should make redwall a live-action film with plenty of special effects.

The Skarzs

. . . Live action? How would that work?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

gojuchrisa

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 16, 2018, 05:46:19 AM
. . . Live action? How would that work?

With motion capture and graphics like the new jungle book movie

MeadowR

Which makes it more animation than live-action!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014