News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Roleplaying Questions

Started by Rose of Noonvale, July 01, 2011, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Faiyloe on August 03, 2014, 05:37:23 PM
Here is a list of links to relatively new RP which have not or have just started.

Welcome, to the Barkhills

Dungeon Explorers

The Dawn of Responsibility OOC: discussion

OOC: Don't Know RP Name Yet. Will Be Voted On.

Note: I am not in all of these so If you would like to know more about a specific RP contact the person who started it.

Here are some RP's Oracle that are relatively new if you are looking for one to join. I remember when I first started RPing I joined several inactive RP's before I found one that was active/new (AKA not a hundred pages long).
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

CaptainRocktree

Hmm I may consider joining a RP, Any good ones to join for newbies?  ;D
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

Maybe "A Dibbun Adventure", if you're okay with reading through six pages of RP beforehand. :P

Anyway, there's a bunch of new RP's on the first page or so of OOC Roleplay Discussions that I don't have time to list.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Mossbrook

Heya, chaps! Just won'drun how to complete one o' those bally character sheets. Don't even jolly well know where the blighters are, really! Want'o join one o' those spiffin' roleplays thingies, wot wot!

-Mossbrook Squirrel the Black
Mossbank the Black

Dannflower Reguba

Welcome to the forum Moss. You'll find the specific Form in it's OOC (Out Of Character) topic in the OOC board. From there, you can find the form on the OP (Original Post). Just fill that out and wait to see if it's accepted by the GM (Game Master/Almost always the first poster). If it's accepted, then you should be good to get in on the action. If the GM asks you to make a few changes, or just downright denies your character, then just try again... Unless the RP is done taking players, but that hardly ever happens.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

How to complete one? Okay, well there's a sub board here called OOC Roleplay Discussions, and in there you can find threads for RPs. On the first page the game master should have how he wants the character sheet to be filled out, and you just have to give the information asked as it corresponds to your character. The GM should accept it. :)

EDIT: Thanks for the 7-second earlier post, Dan.
XD
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rrrrr

do you know where's the character sheet?  ???
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Dannflower Reguba

Should be on the OP (original post, or first post) of the OOC thread.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria_Wildlough

can i make a roleplay thread?

The Skarzs

If you have an RP idea, feel free! Just post the topic in the OOC board, not the main board here, with some explanation and credentials for players, character sheets, etc., and hope for the best.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Welcome to our Forum Family and the RP board Tiria.  :) I highly recommend looking over the basics, guidelines, and rules topic before starting, maybe read a few pages of some RP's and OOC's to get a feel of what kinds of things you might want to try and aim for. Enjoy!

Unimaginative

Out of interest, will there be another tournament at any point?

Clans of Redwall never did get finished. R.I.P..  :'(
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Flib Bigboat

can i use the same character(s), or do i have to make a new OC for every RP that i join?
(right now, i'm only planning on joining the wildflower inn one lol)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Dannflower Reguba

There's nothing stopping you from using the same characters, I use a similar mold for the vast majority of mine. If you find something you like, I wouldn't stop you from recycling. That having been said, exercising with different characters is a great way to build your RP'ing skills as it forces you to think differently in interactions, speech, combat, etc.

TLDR: Absolutely, but trying other things is strongly encouraged.