Vitch

Started by Orinoco, December 02, 2012, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did Vitch have any potential to be good?

Yes
5 (11.9%)
No
18 (42.9%)
Maybe
19 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

CrazyPug37

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 20, 2013, 01:47:30 AM
Everyvone haz ze potential, Vitch probably juzt fell intae ze vrong crovd, and/or 'ad a rough child'ood.
That's what happens with most rats.  If he had been raised at Redwall, he might of been a tad bit nicer to the other dibbuns, but I think he might of still of had a rivalry with Mattimeo.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zere are any number o' pozzibilitiez for vot might 'ave 'append tae any o' zem. Perhapz vith zlightly different parentin' techniquez Mattimeo might 'ave turned oot different.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Shadowed One

Vitch might have had a little good in him. I put maybe.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It alzae dependz upon vot definition yer uzin'. 'e vaz zorta 'elpful tae Slagar, zae zat could be zaid tae be good.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Krantor the Brutal

Vitch has potential to be good, (like Romsca in Pearls of Lutra), but he didn't.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

The Skarzs

I like the way you phrased that: The potential to be good. But it was his choice.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Grond

He had a better opportunity to be good than any other vermin in the series, with the exception of Veil perhaps. The Redwallers let him in because they thought he was a mouse. He experienced all of the benefits of living in Redwall. The food, shelter, and the way he was treated in Redwall was all significantly better than the way Slagar treated him. Yet he still choose to side with Slagar- I mean once he was inside Redwall he could have easily left Slagar by never going to see or report to him at St. Ninian's again. And Slagar would have had no way of getting to him. The only problem he had at Redwall was rivalry with Mattimeo- but unlike while with Slagar- the likelihood of Mattimeo seriously injuring or killing him was miniscule. So either he stayed loyal to Slagar because he came to hate Mattimeo so much or because he was innately evil...

Ashleg

Mattimeo was a little brat. Plus, I doubt Vitch could have kept the secret that he was both an adult and a rat for the rest of his life.

Nipwort

The Vitch is one of my favorite characters in the cartoon. I believe that he had a chance to become good.

Ashleg

sunflashtheace

Vitch is at heart a bully... He is mean and I could never see him change. He is just to evil and that characteristic will never change.... I believe he could never change

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Ashleg on September 23, 2017, 02:01:03 AM
Mattimeo was a little brat. Plus, I doubt Vitch could have kept the secret that he was both an adult and a rat for the rest of his life.

I dont remember him being an adult?? I thought Vitch was older than Mattimeo, but still in his teens.

The Skarzs

He was definitely young still, but was stunted, so we can assume he was older than he looked.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 19, 2018, 03:50:24 PM
I dont remember him being an adult?? I thought Vitch was older than Mattimeo, but still in his teens.

I remember him being an adult in the books and a child/teen in the show.