News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Worst Villain Death

Started by JangoCoolguy, March 25, 2014, 03:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Villain had the Lamest/Cheapest Death

Cluny
3 (6.7%)
Tsarmina
4 (8.9%)
Slagar
5 (11.1%)
Gabool
5 (11.1%)
Urgan Nargu
6 (13.3%)
Ublaz
2 (4.4%)
Kurda
5 (11.1%)
Raga Bol
1 (2.2%)
Riggu Felis
3 (6.7%)
Korvus Skurr
1 (2.2%)
Zwilt
1 (2.2%)
Razzid Wearat
3 (6.7%)
Sawney Rath
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Wylder Treejumper

Poor Slagar. Cheap death for an expensive villain.

As for Martin, the reason I would imagine is that Badrang killed Rose right there. You saw what happened to Martin after, so it's little surprise he went a little berserk...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Feles

Kurda, a replica of Tsarmina (killed by fear) and TRIPPED ON HER OWN SWORD, a master of the sword trips on it, that's ironic
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Wot, wot!

Good points :) 
I think Nightshade deserved a worse death. She was so awful. She killed Skarlath  :'( That's just not cool.
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

James Gryphon

I think Nightshade's method of death was fair; she killed Skarlath with an arrow, and based just off of that it wouldn't make sense for her to have some excruciating fate, like being eaten alive or boiled to death. Plus, it was a killing on the field of battle, with no deception or treachery involved. They were enemies, and Skarlath was spying on her lord Swartt. If you discount the fact that they never should have been at war with Sunflash in the first place, I don't think that was as "bad" as sending Balefur to get himself killed in the adder den.

I think the most terrible deaths were generally those done with heat (boiling this-or-that), or drowning, but there's something to be said for each situation where a creature knew in advance they were going to die. I don't think it's as bad for them if their being killed comes as a surprise, especially if death is almost instantaneous.

I think the worst main villain's death is Ungatt Trunn's -- not only does he drown, and have plenty of time in advance to see his death coming, but he's paralyzed too. The worst after him, I think, are Mokkan, Tsarmina, and Malkariss.
« Subject to editing »

Feles

I believe that this is the most unsatisfying deaths to read about, not the ones that were made us shiver to think about , I may be wrong though
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

Ungatt' s death as pretty terrible. I hate any deaths that have to do with drowning, like Tsarmina...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Lady Ashenwyte

This is about unsatisfying deaths, not unpleasant ones. There's another one for those.

I felt Sawney Rath's death was cheap. If Mr. Jacques expanded on him further and gave him a more dramatic death, the book might have gone in a better direction.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

Quote from: CpnRake335 on February 20, 2015, 01:45:12 PM
I believe that this is the most unsatisfying deaths to read about, not the ones that were made us shiver to think about , I may be wrong though
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on February 20, 2015, 02:25:09 PM
This is about unsatisfying deaths, not unpleasant ones. There's another one for those.
It was. I think I skimmed through the thread at one point, but I didn't recall it when I was posting. I was responding mainly to the post right above mine, and assumed what the topic was about based on the title.

As far as the actual topic: Most of the deaths I recall were fairly ironic and appropriate; the first one that I remember being rather mediocre is Swartt Sixclaw's. If I remember right, Sunflash just kills him, same as he would any other vermin. It's a somewhat weak climax to a confrontation that they both spent their entire lives preparing for.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Some deaths were really... *snaps fingers*. It was good to see Mokkan eaten by the protectors of his shores, and Tsarmina's death was pretty foreseeable. But the worst death would be Riggu Felis.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Feles

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on February 20, 2015, 03:04:40 PM
Some deaths were really... *snaps fingers*. It was good to see Mokkan eaten by the protectors of his shores, and Tsarmina's death was pretty foreseeable. But the worst death would be Riggu Felis.

Riggu Felis... Riggu Felis

cant remember him, i'm still sticking with Kurda though

Also for those who think Cluny's death was cheap, he was the one warlord that the hero had to use not only strength and knowledge of combat, but knowledge of surroundings as well, i cant recall another battle that did the same
I am Bobracha!

Hickory

Did you know that Corvus is the first part of the crow's latin name? No, you didn't. I love BJ for that stuff.

Wylder Treejumper

I have to add Bladd from Triss... Getting killed by a pot of oatmeal is a pretty horrible death. Hysterical, but horrible.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Izeroth

I don't think Bladd deserved to die. He was a brat, but he wasn't really evil.

Feles

Raga, bol's death was very anticlimactic and was dispatched like any old vermin
I am Bobracha!

Hickory

Quote from: CpnRake335 on February 20, 2015, 09:46:35 PM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on February 20, 2015, 03:04:40 PM

Riggu Felis... Riggu Felis

cant remember him, i'm still sticking with Kurda though

Also for those who think Cluny's death was cheap, he was the one warlord that the hero had to use not only strength and knowledge of combat, but knowledge of surroundings as well, i cant recall another battle that did the same
Riggu Felis was kuilled with aniron star to the brain. Oooooooo.