News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantor the Brutal

Marvel is villainizing the Tolkien Universe, think about it...
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Was it? Awesome. Something to look forward to.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Scott McLamok

How good was the acting in Ragnarok?
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Jetthebinturong

A little bit spotty in places, but overall solid. Mark Ruffalo was the standout performance for me.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Amber

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok with Jukka. It was awesome. XD

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, it was a really fun movie!  There were some things I didn't like, though.  While a lot of it was legitimately hilarious, there were several times where it was too humorous.  There'd be an emotional and dramatic scene, but just when I'd be getting into the drama of the moment, the movie would suddenly seem to remember that it was supposed to be a "comedy" and there would suddenly be a silly quip to ruin the tension.  It's kind of a bummer, since I would've loved to see more emotional brotherly stuff with Loki and Thor.

Spoilers

Also, I'm really upset that the Warriors Three died so quickly and lamely.  Volstagg and Fandral especially deserved better! :(  Also, where was Sif?  I know that Jaimie Alexander has other projects to work on, but couldn't they have at least mentioned her?  I guess the one good thing about her absence is that she isn't confirmed dead like her friends.

That and the sometimes-excessive comedy are my main problems with the movie.  Otherwise, it was really good.  Loki was as awesome as ever, Korg was hilarious, Heimdall kicked butt, and Valkyrie was a really fascinating character.  (Still wish she and Loki had gotten together....)

Still shocked that Thor lost an eye, though!  That was the last thing I expected, what with the leaked IW footage and all.

Also, I didn't think about this until I surfed the web later, but Loki definitely took the Tesseract after that one scene cut away.  Gah, I can't wait for Infinity War!
[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Krantor the Brutal

Jukka the Sling

^ That's looking like it's gonna be good.

INFINITY WAR TRAILER TOMORROW!!!  I'm so excited!