News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What is your Favorite Movie?

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 24, 2011, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 26, 2011, 10:57:51 AM
I like Monsters Inc. and also Land Before Time, even though I watched the latter when I was really little. ;D

Heehee. Me, too. ;D I like the first Land Before Time, but not really the others.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

White One6193

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 24, 2011, 09:59:55 PM
O.K., so I'm curious. What's your favorite movie? These are mine (in no particular order):

Monsters, Inc.
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Megamind
The Lion King

Awesome! Another Castle in the Sky fan!!!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Log-a-Log

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 25, 2011, 12:37:34 PM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (bit rude at times, I just skip a few scenes, but the rest is hilarious!)
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (would have been a lot better had they stuck to the story of the books)
Harry Potter series.
I love Monty Pthon and the Holy Grail! Some of my other favorites are Lord of the Rings, Dumb and Dumber, and Gladiator
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lily

Quote from: White One6193 on August 29, 2011, 12:34:18 AM
O.K., so I'm curious. What's your favorite movie? These are mine (in no particular order):

Monsters, Inc.
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Megamind
The Lion King

That makes three of us! I re-watched it just the other week. I even have Sheeta's pendant; it lights up and everything.  :)

Just out of interest, do you guys watch the Japanese or English versions of Studio Ghibli films?

Gonff

Here's a few more of my favorites:

Pippi Longstocking
Chitti, Chitti, Bang, Bang.
Robin Hood (Disney)
Catch That Kid
Veggie Tales (Any of them!)

These are ones my whole family enjoy.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Lily on August 29, 2011, 05:12:36 AM

Monsters, Inc.
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Megamind
The Lion King

That makes three of us! I re-watched it just the other week. I even have Sheeta's pendant; it lights up and everything.  :)

Just out of interest, do you guys watch the Japanese or English versions of Studio Ghibli films?

Both! Well, Japanese is with English subtitles, and I'm usually the only one who likes watching Japanese films. My brothers and sister only like English. :-\ I really wanna learn Japanese, though...
  ~ Larry Boy

Lily

Japanese is a great language, you should go for it if you want to learn it!

I'm always curious about this. I've never really seen an English version of a Ghibli movie. Even when I didn't understand Japanese I'd always watch them in Japanese with English subtitles. I can understand it's not for everyone, though. You do miss some of the action when you're squinting at subtitles!

On another note, have you read the book of Howl's Moving Castle? They changed it quite a bit for the movie and for a Japanese audience, but I really like both versions.

Nightfire

I love the Legend of the Guardians movie, as well as Bolt, Lord of the Rings, and Mrs. Doubtfire.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Lily on August 30, 2011, 03:22:23 AM
On another note, have you read the book of Howl's Moving Castle? They changed it quite a bit for the movie and for a Japanese audience, but I really like both versions.

Ohh, I so want to read Howl's Moving Castle! But it's never at the library...One copy's damaged and payed and the other seems like it's always checked out...I'm gonna have to put a hold one a these days...

About the Japanese versions, the only one in my family (besides me and my dad) who likes watching Japanese is my nine year old brother. He thinks it sounds funny... And, well, it sort of does, to someone who doesn't speak Japanese.

My mom works with this guy who taught English in Japan for a while, and he has a wife who is Japanese. My mom's putting a bug in his ear about her teaching me and my friend Japanese...
  ~ Larry Boy

White One6193

Quote from: Lily on August 29, 2011, 05:12:36 AM

Monsters, Inc.
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Megamind
The Lion King

English ::) trying to learn Japanese, but sticking with my mother tongue.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Stonewall

Heh, I used to have a set list for this, but over time it's become a little more scattered and not really in order. Except for Die Hard, which is still at #1.

Die Hard
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West
High Noon
The Wizard of Oz
Goldeneye
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Citizen Kane
The Godfather Part II (I think it worked better than the first one)
The Dark Knight

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Lily

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 30, 2011, 03:19:15 PM
About the Japanese versions, the only one in my family (besides me and my dad) who likes watching Japanese is my nine year old brother. He thinks it sounds funny... And, well, it sort of does, to someone who doesn't speak Japanese.

My mom works with this guy who taught English in Japan for a while, and he has a wife who is Japanese. My mom's putting a bug in his ear about her teaching me and my friend Japanese...
Learning another language is a great life skill, I think. You should go for it!

The Wizard of Oz! I used to love that movie. I used to pretend I was Dorothy and skip down the road. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Redwall Musician

Godfather was cool. My family once went through a watch Godfather faze. Now I like those movies. 
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

itsme

Parent Trap (Haley Mills)
Heidi
The Wizard of Oz
Mulan
A Knight's Tale (Heath Ledger)
Big Jake (John Wayne)
McLintock (John Wayne)
The Hunt for Red October (Sean Connery)
Independence Day
Arsenic and Old Lace (Cary Grant)
Father Goose (Cary Grant)
The Trouble with Harry (Dir. Alfred Hitchcock)
Lion King
Veggie Tales
and many others (like many of you mentioned), but these are the ones I can watch over and over and never get enough of the music, the lines, the laughs........everything!