News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Skyblade

Hello! I don't think there is a thread exactly like this one, which is all about one my favorite topics, student life. Here you can talk about how school has been for you, what your aspirations are (for example, regarding colleges, school-related competitions), and basically anything academic. I think many of us on the forums are students, and even those who aren't can join in if they have something to say! I'm not sure how this thread will go, since I don't know how much you all like school. But I must say I enjoy it, and I have high goals in mind.

To start, I have put a poll regarding your grade level (I understand grades probably differ around the world but I don't understand them if they're not from the USA).

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

I've been an above-average student all my life; sometimes I don't like it. (Like when I get frustrated over a single answer wrong. . .)
School is stressing, but I'm getting closer to what I want to do as a job by doing it: welding. My advice: get your high school credits done EARLY. It's so much less headache in later years of academics.
My favorite subject is probably history, specifically the ancient to near-modern civilizations like Egypt, Persia, and Greece.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I am in high school, I can tell you that.

Yup. 4.0 kid here. For some reason, I always turn into an answer machine...  :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

Can you change your vote? Because I don't want to look back and see my boy says my grade for two years ago.

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 21, 2015, 12:26:01 PM
Can you change your vote? Because I don't want to look back and see my boy says my grade for two years ago.

Sorry, but what do you mean? ???

Mhera

I get straight A's (even in the dreaded English and chemistry). However, the only subjects I actually enjoy aren't exactly in high demand (Latin and Euclidean geometry, anyone?) so I've got no clue what to major in when I go to college.

Anyhow, I've got the SAT this weekend, and it it'll be the first one I've ever taken (aside from a practice test I did last fall to prep for the PSAT). Hopefully it will be smooth sailing :P.

Delthion

I enjoy Latin, but History is my favorite, second probably being Math.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Mhera

History is a subject regulated solely to my short term memory. It just never seems to stick. I don't do too well in subjects requiring a lot of detailed memorization, but if I'm doing something that involves a lot of guesswork reasoning I tend to shine.

The Skarzs

I tend to soak up information like a sponge. . . :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I love history. It's so interesting. I also love chemistry, but I hate my math class. I actually like applied math (I want to be an engineer), but school math is just busywork. I hate it.

I have finals this week. I am totally drained... :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

SilentSam

Quote from: Skyblade on January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM
To start, I have put a poll regarding your grade level (I understand grades probably differ around the world but I don't understand them if they're not from the USA).
You're right. I have a friend from Venezuela, and he had to skip a grade to be with people his age.
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Tiria Wildlough

I'm in year 9/ninth grade this year. I'm Australian. The grades aren't all that different.

I really like English, especially the vocabulary side. ;D I also have a soft spot for history. I get to do history this year, yay.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skyblade

Poll change :)

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on January 21, 2015, 03:37:58 AM
I am in high school, I can tell you that.

Yup. 4.0 kid here. For some reason, I always turn into an answer machine...  :P

I'm 4.0 too!!! *fist-bumps Wylder* Granted, that's my weighted GPA.

Mhera

I took the SAT this morning, but I don't know if my commentary on it should be in here or in Random Rants...

Anyhow, what's a weighted GPA?

Søren

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 23, 2015, 11:49:49 PM
I'm in year 9/ninth grade this year. I'm Australian. The grades aren't all that different.

I really like English, especially the vocabulary side. ;D I also have a soft spot for history. I get to do history this year, yay.
Wow, someone get Sunpaw! It's the original Tiria!
Er, anyway.
I guess I would be in 9th/10th grade. Something like that.

I'm retired from the forum