News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Redwall.net mail, Is it safe?

Started by CaptainRocktree, March 24, 2015, 02:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

So I recently found Mail.Redwall.net (To find out about it click here http://mail.redwall.net/email/scripts/serviceMenu.pl?user=new&EV1=14271657915828074) It ask for my address and stuff, but so does Gmail, Yahoo etc. I'm just wondering because its not a major corporation if its safe, Thanks!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

I'm kind of confused on what this is.  What does it exactly do?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

CaptainRocktree

Basically an email service such as gmail or yahoo, Instead of (Email name)@gmail.com its (Email name)@redwall.net. It sounds pretty cool
J.R.R Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Oooh, Ok! Ill check it out! Never heard of it before, but could be cool for Redwall type things.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

CaptainRocktree

Okay, So I got it and its pretty awesome! If anyone wants to email me feel free to do so at CapnRocktree@redwall.net  :P.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lily

You just reminded me that I had a redwall.net email address years ago! I even remembered my password. All of my messages have been deleted because I haven't logged in for years, though.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

LordTBT

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on March 24, 2015, 02:59:12 AM
So I recently found Mail.Redwall.net (To find out about it click here http://mail.redwall.net/email/scripts/serviceMenu.pl?user=new&EV1=14271657915828074) It ask for my address and stuff, but so does Gmail, Yahoo etc. I'm just wondering because its not a major corporation if its safe, Thanks!

You may have recently found it, but you're late to the party. It's been around since 1999, and yes, it's safe.

Luftwaffles

Well, if it is safe, I think that I'm going to create an account so I can be nerdy about it :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

321tumbler

Yes it is definitely safe. However, DO NOT JOIN THE EMAIl LISTS! I made that mistake and I didn't know how to stop it. Eventually my account was suspended and I believe it was because of them.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: 321tumbler on May 06, 2015, 05:11:07 PM
Yes it is definitely safe. However, DO NOT JOIN THE EMAIl LISTS! I made that mistake and I didn't know how to stop it. Eventually my account was suspended and I believe it was because of them.

Wait, I didn't understand that last bit. Whose Email list shouldn't we join? Theirs? Third parties?

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

321tumbler

Theirs. On the main page of redial.net, there is a section called lists. i was saying that you should not sign up for those.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: 321tumbler on May 10, 2015, 09:49:31 PM
Theirs. On the main page of redial.net, there is a section called lists. i was saying that you should not sign up for those.

Oh, thanks for the clarification :)