Woodlanders that we wish had lived (SPOILER ALERT)

Started by Ashleg, July 08, 2015, 04:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

Ill take a look through all those books later and see which one I was talking about haha thank you guys :)
im gay!!!!!!

Ashleg

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 15, 2016, 02:14:06 PM
It's not Graylunk, it's Grubbage from Triss. Graylunk was only in The Pearls of Lutra as a skeleton.
They did go into depth with Graylunk's story, though, so we were able to tell how he was before he died.
I think it was him. :P

Jetthebinturong

He never ran a ferry service though, he stayed at the abbey after a fight with his friend, reformed, then left, fell down a hole and died.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

Maybe they got two characters mixed up.

...And plus...Wow, Graylunk's story is depressing when you put it like that. >.<

Vilu Deskar

Log-a-Log in Mattimeo. Also Graylunk's story in Pearls of Lutra was pretty much what Jet said.

Grond

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 15, 2016, 11:20:41 PM
He never ran a ferry service though, he stayed at the abbey after a fight with his friend, reformed, then left, fell down a hole and died.

I don't know if he reformed per say. Its more so he came to the abbey with a horrific head wound/skull fracture and was in intense pain. All he could or did basically was whine and moan about the pain. The Abbey got fed up with him but Fermdale took pity and took him up to the attic to live with her. He stayed there a few days and left and then died in that hole/cavern. Im not sure he reformed it seems to have been a case of the pain being so bad that it was all he could think of and thus was not capable of getting up to "vermin activities" even if he had wanted to do so.

gojuchrisa

Quote from: Grond on October 03, 2018, 06:36:22 PM
I don't know if he reformed per say. Its more so he came to the abbey with a horrific head wound/skull fracture and was in intense pain. All he could or did basically was whine and moan about the pain. The Abbey got fed up with him but Fermdale took pity and took him up to the attic to live with her. He stayed there a few days and left and then died in that hole/cavern. Im not sure he reformed it seems to have been a case of the pain being so bad that it was all he could think of and thus was not capable of getting up to "vermin activities" even if he had wanted to do so.

I could double check but i believe it said in the book that he rambled about not wanting to cause harm (the wrath of Ublaz) to fall upon Fermalde, so i would say partly reformed, in part due to his brain damage/pain

Sanddunes

Rose would have had a higher chance of surviving if Martin the warrior was written before  Mossflower. The story would have been the same with or with out her

Ashleg

Why would you say that? Badrang could just as easily have killed her, no matter when the story took place.
And Martin the Warrior does take place before Mossflower.

If Brian wrote that book before Mossflower, it doesn't mean anything about the survival of Rose. He could and probably would still have killed her off. I don't follow.

The Skarzs

In my opinion, I don't think Rose would have lived if Brian had written Martin the Warrior before Mossflower. However, what I think is more likely is that Rose may not have even existed, and we would have seen a different story. If anything would have changed, it would be Martin's story that he tells in Mosslfower about his past.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Now that would be a wild thing to discover: Rose never existed :o

What about our dear friend from The Long Patrol with the gruffness of a stubborn badger in a sulk, Russa Nodrey? She was one of my favorites! Also one of the first "good-guy" deaths I ever read about in the Redwall series (LP was my first book), so it had a certain weight to it.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Nadaz, voice of the host

I remember that she died but how did she die? Was it from exhaustion after the march with Tammo?
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.