News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Summer 2015 Fanfiction Awards

Started by Captain Tammo, July 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Welcome, everyone, to the first ever Redwall Abbey Forum Fanfiction Awards Show!

This event is now over, but you can come take part in the NEW Fanfiction Awards Contest HERE

The Winners of the Evening:

Best Drama Award goes to Flandir's Field by BlueRose!

Best Action Award goes to Dusktail by Darkenmal

Summer 2015 Most Promising Fanfiction Award goes to Fire Mountain: A Redwall Version of Pompeii by Skyblade

Best Tragedy Award goes to The Last of the Long Patrol by Darkenmal

Flip! Tag Award goes to Blackness by Something Horrifying

Best Song or Poem Award goes to The Flippin' Fantastical Fabulous Food Fight by Tim Churchmouse

The Atypical Tag Award goes to Strangers At Redwall by Jukka the Sling

Best Hero in a Fanfiction Award goes to the role of Karth, the hare, in Dusktail by Darkenmal

Best Villain in a Fanfiction Award goes to the role of Dusktail (also known as Barkclaw), the fox, in Dusktail by Darkenmal

Best Canon-Related Fanfiction Award goes to The Last of the Long Patrol by Darkenmal

Best Adventure Fanfiction Award goes to Youthful Disclosure by Cairn Destop

The Rising Star Award goes to A Change of Habits by Cairn Destop

The Summer 2015 Best Fanfiction Award goes to The Plague by Captain Tammo

The Brian Jacques Award goes to Cairn Destop

Thanks to everyone who participated! Be sure to check out all of the winners and NOMINEES listed in the following posts! If you did not win an award, don't worry! This Awards show will be bi-annual!

Outdated message
It is so great to see you here and thanks for coming! My name is Captain Tammo (but please, call me Tammo) and I am the host of this event along with my amazing team of judges! We've worked really hard to make this competition happen and it's been a wonderful time so far. We have 14 great awards that we will be giving out when the awards show starts on August 1st. So please, take your time and RP your entrance on our "Red Sandstone" Carpet. Who knows, you may be pretty shocked just who you meet?

For the next couple of days leading up to August 1st, when the awards show officially starts, we are having a red carpet event! We encourage you to RP your entrance to the event as yourself, one of your Fanfiction characters, or one of your Redwall RP characters. The event is set in present day (so there are cameras and lights and limousines and fancy outfits, etc.), but let's face it, I'm not going to stop you from pulling up to the red carpet in a pirate ship! ;) If RPing is not your thing, don't worry! you can just post a hello, or skip the red carpet event all together (I'll keep the side door propped open for you :)).

E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is welcome, so the only question that remains is: will you come join in the fun?
[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Søren

*enters event*
Hello all! I just want to say congratulations to everyone who wins an award this year, in advance. You've all done wonderful work!

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

A tall, lean, blue fox followed after Soren, wearing upon him a suit and bow tie perfectly crafted with deep blue thread. Adorning his head is his raccoon hat, which seemed to have been cleaned up. Finally, he had his signature axe ready on his side.
"Good day everyone! How do exciting this is! A great pleasure it was reading all of your magnificent works! Oh, they all deserve an award!"
The Blue Fox walked down the carpet blinded by the flashes of light and yelling.

OOC: I'll be playing Marshall By the way.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jetthebinturong

*Floats along wearing a white suit and a green overcoat* 'Sup.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

A young ottermaid with a bow and quiver slung across her back pulled up in a limousine (that she was driving) and got out.  She was wearing a knee-length blue-green dress with a small bow, simple attire compared with some of the people there. Upon getting out, she looked at everyone and decided to leave her weapons behind.

Confidently, she strolled down the red carpet, nodding and smiling at everyone.

OOC:  If you couldn't tell, I'm roleplaying as my charrie Kaylan.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

Out Of Character (OOC): I will be roleplaying as Captain Leonardo Williams, a character that first appeared in my Fanfiction, The Origins of Simon.

Back In Character (BIC): A limousine pulls up alongside the Red Sandstone Carpet. The chauffeur, an incredibly short looking mouse, hops out and scurries around the car to open the back door. As he pulls it open, a tall, rather slender looking mouse steps out and gives a nod to his driver.

"Thanks, Runty."

"Sure thing, Cap'n. Have fun!"

As the limousine pulls away to make room for the next arrivals, Leonardo straightens his neck tie and puts on a sincere smile. Giving a wave to the people and Fanfiction characters on either side of the entryway, he slowly starts making his way forward and pauses for a picture before approaching Kaylan.

"Hello, there, thank you for coming to the event! I don't believe we've met before. I'm Leo." He says, extending his paw.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan smiled at Leonardo and shook his paw warmly.  "I'm Kaylan.  You're the head judge of the RAFF, right?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 30, 2015, 06:23:10 PM
Kaylan smiled at Leonardo and shook his paw warmly.  "I'm Kaylan.  You're the head judge of the RAFF, right?"

Leonardo tried to hide a laugh. "Well, that was all Captain Tammo (but I take the credit for it, haha)! So I suppose you could say both yes and no to that one." he said with a wink. "If you don't mind, there are a few others I need to see before the event starts. It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss Kaylan."

Turning about with a smile, Leonardo found another creature through the crowd and began making his way over to them. Quickly coming to a halt, he waited as Jetthebinturong floated by.

"I gotta get me a suit like that one." He mumbled to himself. Straightening his tie again, Leonardo continued on and gave a wave to a nearing blue fox,

"Marshall! Big fan o' your adventures. Great to finally be meeting you face to face rather than speaking through carrier. How was the trek out here?"

OOC: by 'carrier', I simply mean PMs on the forum, lol.

CaptainRocktree

*Appears out of the shadows, Walks on the edge of the carpet with a big ol' smile*

A young otter warrior appears with a fresh new brass buttoned trench coat and and a crieff drivers cap.

"Psh, All this fancy attire, I'd much rather wear some adventuring clothes"

*Spots Marshall and runs over to him waving"

Hey ol' pal!, Hows the adventuring life going?

OOC: I'm playing as Roc Streambattle a young otter warrior who is good friends with Marshall, You probably wouldn't know him unless you've been on the Redwall Minecraft server. :P
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

cairn destop

"This is Swordblade for Vermin Radio, broadcasting from our mobile station next to the red carpet.  So far, we have seen a number of notables entering the theatre for this gala event."

Swordblade moved a few paces from his table, but within the roped off area for those broadcasting over the radio.  Television crews had the other side and were much closed to the entrance.

Those guys always get the premium sites, but I'm about to scoop you all.  Eat my ratings.

"I'm not sure what to make of the latest arrival.  This is no limosine, not even a luxury car.  To all hearing my voice, we have an ambulance approaching."

The boxy vehicle pulled up to the red carpet and rolled a short distance beyond.  Two otters in orderly whites exited the front and jogged to the rear.  One jumped into the back while the other stood a short distance back. 

A ramp extended out and than lowered.  The wheelchair moved forward, its vixen attendant pushing it forward.  The two otters gave a quick bow and departed.  The attendant pushed her patient towards the door.

The old mouse sitting in the chair didn't look too well.  An IV drip was attached to one arm and a breathing tube ran up the patient's nostrils. 

Swordblade stopped the pair.

"Pardon me for stopping you, sir, but are you on the attendees list?"

"Check the list for possible, last minute attendees.  At my age and in my condition, attendance was never certain."  He laughed, which turned into a coughing fit.

"Ah yes, the retired Father Abbot of Redwall.  I'm sorry to see the stories of your illness were not exaggerated."

"I'm ill sonny, not buried.  Just glad to be in attendance."

The vixen pushed the wheelchair past Swordblade and handed her invitation to the receptionist at the doorway.  A quick nod towards the camera crew and they entered through the handicapped entrance.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

cairn destop

The convertible followed the ambulance and its driver, an old hedgehog, pulled up to its designated spot.  The chauffer ran around the car and allowed his passenger to exit.  He raced back to his side of the car and pulled out at a slow pace.

Everyone who read the gossip columns knew this lady badger.  La-La Taebor strolled across the carpet as if she had wings.  As one of the highest rated female actresses, her name kept many tattletale rags profitable.

She approached the mark and waved as cameras flashed.  Reporters shouted out questions.  The lady badger approached a bank of microphones.

"Just a few questions, don't want to keep the crowds waiting."

"What did you find the hardest part about playing Tassel?"

"You're joking?  The makeup to give me such a disfigured appearance had to be the absolute worse.  Did worry it would ruin my reputation in that first film, but somebody liked it, otherwise I wouldn't have done six films."

"Any truth to the rumors of you getting serious with your costar?"

She laughed.  "Don't think his wife would approve."

Several other reporters shouted questions but she just waved and approached the theatre's entrance as the next guest arrived.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall turned to the Hare and shook his paw.
"Hello there sir! Oh now, my adventures are nothing compared to yours! My hero you are y' ken! Yes, it is fine to meet such a legend as yourself here tonight!"
After finishing his sentence, his attention turned to the young Otter near him.
"Roc me mate! What a pleasure! Oh, you know, goin' around and meetin' new faces stayin' here and there. Say, have you met this here Captain Leonardo? A fine chap he sure is!"
The Blue Fox winked to the Captain has he introduced his pal to his hero.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 31, 2015, 07:03:46 AM
Marshall turned to the Hare mouse and shook his paw.
"Hello there sir! Oh now, my adventures are nothing compared to yours! My hero you are y' ken! Yes, it is fine to meet such a legend as yourself here tonight!"
After finishing his sentence, his attention turned to the young Otter near him.
"Roc me mate! What a pleasure! Oh, you know, goin' around and meetin' new faces stayin' here and there. Say, have you met this here Captain Leonardo? A fine chap he sure is!"
The Blue Fox winked to the Captain has he introduced his pal to his hero.

Leonardo's smile grew bigger and he gave a chuckle "Well I'm honored, truly! Glad to see you've heard o' my stories, too. It doesn't look like the nominees list has been released yet (Tammo mentioned something about collecting the last of the judges' tallies as he was getting ready), but I'm curious as ever to see who's stories made it on there. Who knows, maybe we'll find ourselves and our stories in a bit of a competition, eh Marshall?"

Marshall introduces Leonardo to Roc Streambattle and the two shake paws.

"A pleasure t' meet you, Mr. Streambattle. I'm Captain Leonardo Williams (but please, call me Leo). Are you looking forward to the evening's ceremony? Any particular awards or works you've got your eye on in particular?"

CaptainRocktree

As Roc turns to meet Captain Leo his jaw drops and his face lights up with a bg smile.
"Slap me sword and sink my rudder!, Its Cap'n Leo himself! Wow, Im honored to meet you sir!"
The young otter tries to straighten up his suit to impress the mouse captain. As the captain asked about what awards he was looking forward too. He replied: "Not really any awards in particular, but I'm here to see them all!"
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien