News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Summer 2015 Fanfiction Awards

Started by Captain Tammo, July 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

The small badger's mouth fell open in a shocked and stupefied grin.

"Ah, thank you!" she exclaimed. She approached the podium with dignity.

"Hello, I'm Skyre the Blue, speakin' on behalf o' Skyblade. It was a great opportunity te simply participate in this competition, an' I'm grateful fer the award. Thank ye all fer the congrats an' the support. And also a big thanks te those who started this in the first place! I've read a few fanfics myself, an' enjoyed 'em. Keep writing, ye talented beasts." She stepped back to conclude her speech, smiling.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Gonff the Mousethief

Well done Sky! The basis was so wonderful, and knowing you, this fan fiction will be one everyone will want to read. Congratulations!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Thank you (again! :)), Gonff ^^

I like your new fanfic as well! Sounds like an epic adventure.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 03, 2015, 06:15:27 PM
Using a z in "congrats" is for people who text too much. Congratulations anyway.
OOC: Dangit, I was waiting to see how long it took the Forum grammar police to catch the "z"...
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Captain Tammo

Leonardo shakes Skyre's paw and leads him stage right. A hare walks past Leonardo and onto the stage with a nod.

"Here to present the Best Tragedy Award, all the way from Salamandastron, Captain Dassiter Tussock!" The announcer's voice says above the audience.

Dassiter took even, long strides onto the stage. The tails of his decorated, navy colored coatee follow closely behind him. Stopping at center stage, Dassiter waited with his paws together in front of him for silence to return to the auditorium.

"Tragedies: they're the ones that bring a tear to our eye, yet some of the most beautiful things we've ever read. Writing a tragedy may be easy, but writing a good tragedy is entirely separate from that. Authors need to find a way to find and draw in the reader's sympathy- something that is much easier said than done. The Best Tragedy Fanfiction Award is given to an author who has taken this challenge upon themselves, and succeeded on all fronts. Here are the nominees for the Best Tragedy Award..."

Not All Evil... by The Skarzs
The story of a hero who is to forever remain unsung.

Flandir's Field by BlueRose
The sad, sweet tale of the keeper of memories in Flandir's Field

Blackness by Something Horrifying
A story about a temporarily blinded maiden's encounters with a mysterious hero, who saved her from a shipwreck.

Never Forget by rachel25
A short, tear-jerking story of Martin the Warrior reflecting on his life as wanders through a blizzard.

Of Lies and Truth by Gonff the Mousethief
Tragedy strikes a group of lovers taking refuge in a set of ruins.

The Warrior Lives On by W0NWILL
Luke the Warrior survives a shipwreck and dedicates his life to finding his son, Martin.

The Last of the Long Patrol by Darkenmal
A frightening alternate ending to "The Battle of the Ridge" in The Long Patrol.

Youthful Disclosure by Cairn Destop
A group of young ones set out to seek closure with their tragic origins.

After the preview finished playing, the lights go back on to Dassiter, who wipes a tear from his eye. "Woo, as somebeast who's read 'em all, those authors did well. But there can only be one winner of the award, and that winner is..."

Dassiter opens up the envelope and peeks inside.

Best Tragedy Award

"Darkenmal's The Last of the Long Patrol! Congratulations, Darkenmal, you've earned it!"

Dassiter steps away from the podium and a spotlight scans the audience for Darkenmal.

[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skyblade

Skyre was standing a bit of a distance from the others, but her cheering was sincere and enthusiastic. "Congratulations, Darkenmal!"

Darkenmal

Through all the applause and friendly shouts, a nervous fox stumbles to the stage and bows. The audience hushes as they watch the fox take a calming breath and begin to speak.

"T-thank you very much everyone, I am extremely humbled at being chosen amidst all the excellent stories and writers!"

The crowd cheers once again and Jerel smiles, looking more at ease as he addresses the crowd once more.

"I hope to be remain here with this wonderful community for many seasons to come! Thank you for having me here this very fine evening."

Bowing once again, Jerel directed a warm smile to the still cheering Sky, Kaylan, and Ronhuk before shaking paws with Captain Dassiter Tussock.

Nodding appreciatively at the crowd, Jerel walked off the stage and rejoined the audience.
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

The Skarzs

Ronhuk clapped in congratulations. "Well done, sir!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mhera

The cheering quieted, signaling the time for another announcement. A pretty ottermaid dressed in a simple green homespun habit stepped onto the stage, a smile on her face and an envelope in her paw. Arriving at the podium, she began her speech.

"Hello, one and all. I am Abbess Mhera, not to be confused with the judge Mhera, who unfortunately couldn't make it tonight. On her behalf, I am pleased to be presenting the Flip! Tag Award. The stories in this category give us heroes that transcend their reputations or villains that are evil despite their species. Tales celebrating the uncommon and unheralded. The nominees are...

Not All Evil... by The Skarzs
"Can't you see he risked his life for us? Can't you see that the last thing he did was something good? They aren't all evil!"

Blackness by Something Horrifying
"Their laughter continued until the sun began to set, the Cap'n insisting on teaching the young maid an old drinking song he knew, until she could roar it out with appropriate gusto."

Midwinter by KitrallStreamrippler
"She twisted her paws in anguish, not able to meet the badger's fierce gaze, and answered softly. 'I just wanted to join the festival. I was hoping you'd let me in? For a little while.'"

Youthful Disclosure by cairn destop
"If even one of us turns coward, the quest ends here and now. I don't know about you two, but I worked too hard to have our plans ruined."

While each of these incredible stories is a  powerful showcase of some of fan fiction's unlikeliest heroes, in the end, there can only be one winner, and that is...

Spoiler
Blackness, by Something Horrifying!"
[close]

Skyblade

"Congratulations, Blackness!" cheered Skyre, clapping her scarred hands. "Kudos for you!"

Gonff the Mousethief

Admist the Applause, A Mouse ran up to the stage following the Ottermaid. He had sweat on his brow and shook nervously. His Robin Hood type attire made him an odd scene, not including his hat which kept slipping onto his face.

"Good Evening everybeast! I am Gonff the Mousethief, one of the judges of this competition. I have the great Honor to Announce the Best Song or Poem Award! As a Poet myself, this award is truly hard to earn. A poet must know how express both joy and sorrow in limited phrases and words. They have to know many words from across the globe and when and where they fit best. They must know whether their masterpiece is confusing and jumbled, or too short and misworded. But above all, they must have a joyous time doing writing, with a free spirit and heart. And oh, these contestants have just that. The Nominees for this fine Award are:

The Flippin' Fantastical Fabulous Food Fight, by Tim Churchmouse
"The mole stood up; grabbing a pie
And hurled it at Amber shouting awful lies.
The Squirrelqueen took the pastry right in the eye
And hopped around screaming 'why oh why?'"

Flandir's Field, by BlueRose
"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly"

Meeting in the Sunny Glades, by W0NWILL
"The grand warrior Luke,
whose tactics weren't a fluke.
There were more mighty mice,
Mariel, Dandin, and Gonff,
Whose adventures came at a price."

All of these Poems showed what Talent and Minds their authors have. However, one managed to rise above the others...

The Winner of the Best Song or Poem Award goes to...

The Flippin' Fantastical Fabulous Food Fight, by Tim Churchmouse!
[close]
Congratulations to the Winner!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Skyblade

"Wow, sounds like a great poem just by the name!" Skyre remarked, her paws once again clapping. "Kudos, Tim Churchmouse!"

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Darkenmal

"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Gonff the Mousethief

Once Gonff had taken his seat and the audience finished  cheering and clapping, Marshall the Blue Fox rose and went up onto the Stage.

"Glad t' see all of y' here tonight! I meself will be awarding one of me own favorite Awards, the Atypical Award! This here award is given to those who used lesser know tags such as Comedy, AU, or Fluff. It is fun t' write stories about Action, or Tragedy, but these folks dove deeper into writin', and made some o' the best pieces Ii've read in a while. We all deserve some Laughter or Love every once and n' a while. and these beasts delivered. Here are those fine folk:

Midwinter, by KitrallStreamrippler
"The maid held her breath, hardly daring to hope that she would finally get her wish. Would they really let her in?"

Nyroc Brushdale, The Journey to Genesis, by Soren the Warrior
"Loud, intense, the pilot struggled to control suddenly the craft. A large badger yanked on the controls, trying to get ahold of the machine."

Strangers At Redwall, By Jukka the Sling
Just then, a badger ambled into view on their left. Surprised, Maska looked up at him. "Um, hi," she said. "Uh, this is random, but are you some guy off a Redwall forum?"

A Change of Habits, by Carin Destop
"He stared into the looking glass at his reflection, knowing he could now accept, and embrace, his new role."

The Great Caper, by Darkenmal
"The Prince of Mousethieves smiled, happy that he wasn't in trouble, but somewhat frightened at how predictable he was to her. She truly understood him, and he felt comforted by that."

And Now, the Winner of the beloved Atypical Award is,
Spoiler

Strangers At Redwall, By Jukka the Sling!"
[close]

Congratulations to the winner! You certainly deserved it!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.