Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (Role-play thread)

Started by Ashleg, September 02, 2015, 03:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the vermin meet the Redwallers?

Yeah!!
Not yet...When we're further into the roleplay. c:

Groddil

The fox's reply was to dive from the logboat into the water. He surfaced, spat water, and waved at Skipper to give them a hand.
"We have a choice, Fangfang. Get wet or risk Rapshade seein' us and blowin' the whole plan outta the water, pardon the pun."

Ashleg

"I'm an awful swimmer. Bye, Duncan, Bracklew. See ya when I'm dead!" Fangfang rolled his eyes before attempting to leap into the water, which turned out to be him just doing an awkward stumble-hop off the side of the boat.
He surfaced near One-Ear and coughed up water, shuddering.
"'Tis freezing...I drowned, didn't I..."
He opened one eye to find himself still alive and clinging to One-Ear's arm. The rat grinned sheepishly.

Groddil

The fox clutched Fangfang with one paw, keeping him above the water, while waving to Skipper with the other.
"You're alive, Fangfang. What I want to know is how you spent your life on the high seas and never learned to swim."

Hickory

OOC: Ok, time for Jetfur to give Saltooth his due.

BIC: Jetfur herded his new "slaves" into the oardeck. "Alright. Two to a bench. Ignore those chains there, yew won't be wearing them." The rat noticed one extra crewbeast, a weasel, being the odd one out. He grinned and pulled out an old drum. "Here mate," he said. "Yew can beat the time out on the drum."

He turned to the rowers. "Here we go. My matey here will beat out the time. The faster the time, the faster you row." Beaconing to the weasel, the crewbeast started hitting the drum at a medium tune. The rowers starting pulling and the boat picked up some speed. Jetfur headed to the main deck, and moved to where the Captain was. "We're doing fine belowdecks, Cap'n. Tell me if you want more speed and I can get the rowers going twice as fast."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Fangfang shivered crazily from the freezing water and tried to paddle with his free paw.
"Er, er, Cap'n says I'm not smart enough t' learn, says that I'd forget 'cause I forget everything or somethin' like that." The rat spat out more seawater. "Oh help me, it's cold!"

--

Rapshade peered around, scratching at his neck.
"I think we're good for now. It doesn't look like they're comin' after us or anything. Good job, mate, I don't know what I'd do without ya." The ferret flashed a quick smirk before turning back to the wheel.
So that was that, then. They'd find some villages to raid and get more slaves, and forgot that Mossflower ever happened.

Hickory

OOC: Just got a really good idea... Maybe Rapshade sorta "hallucinates" and thinks Bracklew is Martin in his armor!

Ashleg

OOC-
He is very unstable, so that's a possibility that makes sense, yeah.
I might just do it. ;)

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I don't think he's every seen Martin though.

BIC:

Three sleek bodies slipped from the logboats diving into the water magnificently. Tail's acting like rudders and strong webbed paws paddling Skipper and two of his creatures approached One-ear and Fangfang looking for all the world as if they were enjoying the experience.

"Alright matey grab me shoulders, Brookfin'll take Fang." A irritated looking female otter who clearly would rather not have a rat clinging to her shoulders bobbed up next to Fangfang. "All set, er yer tail One-ear t'will drag a bit, nothin' to be done jus' hold on a little tighter. All set mates? Grab hold now."

One shrew seeing that Ducan and Bracklew were now alone in their own boat jumped over making the boat rock dangerously. Picking up one of the abandoned paddles he began digging it fiercely into the water doubling the boat's rather pathetic speed.

"Thought ye could use a paw." The shrew grinned at Bracklew's thankful glance.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Glaring up at Jetfur the steersrat strained on a oar with a brawny stoat groaning as the continued movement blistered his paws. Saltooth spat on them for a moment resting. That small moment of inconsistent timing caused the oars directly behind and in front of him to clatter together. Vermin yelled angrily as their already sore paws were jarred heavily. In response they jerked backward causing the uncomfortable sensation for everybeast along the starboard side. Saltooth tried to look innocent as the ship began to turn from to much pressure on the port and not enough on the starboard, due to the fact that most of the starboard rowers were now sucking their paws angrily. Taking hold of his oar Saltooth looked about as if trying to find the culprit, as did the rest of the rowing crew.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory