News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Roleplay thread v.2.0!

Started by Ashleg, February 12, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

"He's quite a help, don't you think?"
Mortembell leapt over to where One-Ear stood, slaying the front runners of the vermin. She drew a knife from his belt and threw it at Vadoma, charging the fox while the dagger was in the air.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Boyz.... May I post edgewise here? ;D ;) You guys are certainly having fun. :D I actually can't post right now, but I promise too later today. So if you could wait that would be great. Gracious.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Alrighty Double Post. Also I have to start from a while back so bear with.

BIC:

Staring at One-ear Saltooth continued scratching the tattoo looking at the fox with increasing suspicion. "'Ey Shark er wotever ye didn' know anythin'? I already know 'bout th' Cap'n sickness. He's got scurvy 'er somthin'. Though he ain't any less dangerous, me matey Blackclaw found that out. Aye, died didn' he." The rat was about to go on when a swarm of shrews and otters came over the railing and he found One-ear's sword jabbing him in the ribs.

"Draw your blade. Fight me like a warrior." For a moment Saltooth stared at One-ear incredulously as if not believing the fox.

"Ye are betraying yer own kind mate." He murmured as the swarm drew nearer. Then Saltooth did the thing any self respecting rat would do when standing alone in the face of an oncoming horde of woodlanders. He swung around running for the ship's prow drawing his sword as he went and yelling.

"Attack mates! We're unner attack!"

~*~*~*~*~

I'm with you Duncan!" Bracklew yelled pulling himself over the railing Mixy's sword held tight in his good paw. The shrew that had been rowing with them pulled himself over as well brandishing a rapier.

"An' I got yer back mate." Bracklew nodded his thanks before glancing back at Duncan.

"What do we do? Where are all the pirates?" Bracklew yelled looking around. As if to answer his question a swarm of vermin burst forth from the slave quarters leaping upon the front line of shrews. A few of the pirates who had been working the sails leapt down from above landing on the backs of otters. The battle was on.

Ashleg

OOC-
Alrighty. :)
IC-
Vadoma gasped and quickly deflected the knife with her own dagger, snarling at Mortembell.
"Fool! You think that because I'm a seer that I cannot hold my own in battle? Flying blades will not bring me down!"

--
"...There." Duncan said, pointing at the vermin as they came pounding up the stairs.
He patted Bracklew on the back reassuringly before raising his dagger and racing towards the fight.
"Eulaliaaaaa! Redwaaaaalll!"

--
"That's what I said!" Rapshade snapped, yowling and leaping out of the way when Chrysanthe lunged at him. The shrew landed where he'd previously been standing, digging her claws into the ground to stop from flying off the edge and into the sea.
She straightened up and glanced around. The ferret had ran and disappeared into the throng, and when she scanned the group of woodlanders and vermin alike she could not see him.
Log-a-Log wiped at her brow. "So they call you Swift for a reason," she huffed. "This will be harder than I thought."

LT Sandpaw

"Watch yerself Duncan!" Skipper yelled as he thrust his javelin into the back of a weasel was about to stick Duncan with a dagger. The big otter stepped back as the wounded weasel attempted to retaliate. "There be a lot more'n I expected. Rally the crews keep em bottlenecked in th' slave quarters! I'll 'ave me crew head up th' rigging too-Aaaagh!" A rat had landed on Skipper's back slashing with a ugly scimitar. The jagged blade ripped flesh from bone as blood splattered the deck. Skipper fell over onto a ferret's body writhing. The rat stepped over the fallen otter moving in to battle a shrew.

~*~*~*~*~

Bracklew and his new shrew companion had got separated from the main fight. Together the battled a tough stoat whose lone axe was more then a match for their combined swords. Taunting and blocking the sword thrusts with his axe's haft the stoat pushed them back towards the ship's railing.

Groddil

One-Ear saw Saltooth run towards the prow and followed at a slow walk, blade drawn. Rats, weasels, and other vermin tried to intercept the young fox, but one swift slash of the katana and their headless corpses formed a trail behind him. One-Ear stepped up in the bow, fencing Saltooth in at the very front of the ship. He slapped the rat with the flat of his blade.
"I said, stand and fight! Or are you still a coward even with Martin's sword?"
The fox slapped Saltooth again.
"STAND...AND...FIGHT!!!"

Whilst Vadoma was distracted with the flying dagger, Mortembell jumped at the seer, aiming a swift kick to knock away the dagger and moving her weight to hit Vadoma straight in the legs and overbalance her.

Ashleg

OOC-
Guys, I'm basically doing what Sand just did since I don't want to miss out on the fight but I have to go now. I'll be back on tonight. So...Peace!

LT Sandpaw

Wiping a small string of blood from his lip the steersrat stared at one-ear coolly, his left paw twitched slightly in a welcoming gesture. At last cornered by One-ear he raised the sword inspecting it wondrously, a confident sneer on his face.

"Martin's sword eh, kinda bland name ain't it. Course 'e was a mouse, can't except much from em. I assume th' mouse I killed t'was Martin course." Saltooth flicked out with his sword deflecting the katana, his black eyes alight.
"Yew don' know much do ye? Crossin' blades wit' a pirate, on 'is turf. An' naw, I ain't no coward mate, I jus' like to play dirty. Get 'Im Frogeye!" Saltooth made a sudden lunge with Martin's sword his left paw producing his curved dagger. Both blades flashed In the early dawn light as the rat lunged. Behind One-ear Frogeye leapt forward wielding a dagger and hatchet with evident skill. Both rodents rushed the vulpine weapons raised to kill.

OOC: Alright I was just finishing with this post I'll stop after this un'. See you then.

Groddil

One-Ear scoffed.
"Martin the Warrior, the first Abbey Warrior? You couldn't even touch him, even if he was still alive."
The fox ducked, rolling to his side and swinging the katana. He took off Frogeye's dagger paw and kicked the rat, knocking him down. The young fox fought off Saltooth with his katana whilst grabbing Frogeye's dagger and finishing off the dismembered rat.
"Hmph. Mediocre. Now its just the two of us..."
One-Ear snatched the hatchet and threw it at Saltooth while swinging his blade low towards the pirate's legs.

Hickory

Jetfur stormed up on deck, cutlass in hand. As much as he liked fighting with his whip, a blade would be much better in the situation he was facing. Pandemonium reigned on the deck as a strange fox, vaguely familiar, dueled with the seer Vadoma. Saltooth was fighting with another fox, much younger than the first and also with an exotic looking sword without a paw guard. Taking this all in at a glance, Jetfur expertly swung the blade around, deciding to try the hare currently shouting a war cry and dashing toward the door behind Jetfur. The black rat could see the dagger held in the hare's paw and thought to himself that the measly stiletto didn't stand a chance to his sword.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Vadoma let out a screech as Mortembell swooped in and knocked her down. Getting back to her paws, the fox began to take slow steps backward, eyeing the rim of the ship every few seconds.
Then she growled and lunged forward, aiming to give Mortembell and rough kick in the stomach.
"I never liked you to begin with!"

--

Rapshade quickly located the nervous-looking Fang, whose yellow fur struck out like a star in the night sky. The rat had his back against the wall, not sure what to do or who to fight.
After running a shrew through with his rapier, the ferret finally made it over there and grabbed the Fangfang by the scruff, shaking him harshly.
"Are you behind this?!" He snarled.
"N-no, I mean yes Cap'n! I.."

--

Duncan didn't see Jetfur sneaking up on him. The gray hare was busy fighting a weasel back.

Groddil

Mortembell let Vadoma kick her, wincing as she grabbed the leg and pulled Vadoma towards her, overbalancing the other vixen. Mortembell picked Vadoma up roughly by her neck, slamming her into the rail.
"The feeling's mutual, scum!"
Mortembell released Vadoma's neck with one paw, punching the fox square in the face several times. She drew her dagger and stabbed Vadoma roughly in the footpaw.

Ashleg

Vadoma screamed and launched herself over the rail, landing in one of the empty boats below.
Despite the pain coming from both her footpaw and her face, the vixen grinned and grabbed hold of the oars, beginning to paddle away.
"Good riddance, Mortembell! Hahaha!"

--

Rapshade's eyes glinted as he forcefully walked Fang around his cabin, away from the fight.
"Why're ye even out here? You shouldn't be here!" He snapped, glaring at the scar on the young rat's face. "I won't let y' go back out there, idjit."

Fangfang tore his arm out of the captain's grasp, curling his lip.
"Why don't ye e'er let me do anything?! An' well...I'm not fightin' fer yer, anyway." He hissed and brushed past Rapshade, turning around just when he noticed the ferret following him.
"Don't hang around me, Cap'n! I'd go an' fight if'n I were you. Yer crew's losin' badly!" With that, Fang bounded back into the battle, snaking his way up to Duncan to help with Jetfur.

Groddil

Mortembell waved at Vadoma's retreating form getting smaller and smaller.
"So long, Vadoma. Hope the sharks don't get ye."
The vixen snatched One-Ear's crossbow and fired a few shots at the other fox before she was lost to view entirely. Mortembell loaded another bolt to the crossbow and fired at Rapshade. The bolt landed just next to his head, embedding deep into the ship. Smearing some leftover poison on her blade, the vixen threw aside the crossbow and approached the ferret.
"Rapshade! Swifty! Care for a second round?"
Mortembell cackled as she swung her sword heavily towards Rapshade's neck.

Ashleg

Rapshade blocked the sword with his sabre, pushing Mortembell back a few steps. "I'm not th' one who killed yer precious husband, so why're you the one who's always after me?" He sneered, feinting a blow at her leg.