IF YOU WANT THE OLD FORUM BACK

Started by Wylder Treejumper, March 03, 2016, 12:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandre

Quote from: Søren on March 06, 2016, 03:39:02 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 05, 2016, 10:12:44 PM
Quote from: Ashleg on March 05, 2016, 03:26:17 AM
Quote from: Skyblade on March 05, 2016, 01:34:24 AM
I'd like to help, but I don't know if my parents would let me send the letter. Nevertheless, I'll have it written. Please let us know ASAP when we can send them. Thank you!
I can second that.

Thirded.
Quaded.
In fact, I know they won't let me.
Quindid?
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Chipster of Noonvale

Dannflor

I'll do it!!! I was wondering about the old forum!!????
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Brinty

Why did they get rid of the old forum anyway? We lost so much good fan fiction and role play. 
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Delthion

It just crashed, nobody purposefully shut it down.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Brinty

O, that makes more sense. R.I.P. old forum.
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

We can tell from the error page that the /forum directory was deleted, or at least renamed. He might have taken it down intending to install a clean copy of SMF, or to repair the mishandled upgrade, but for some unknown reason, never got around to it.

(The directory being gone doesn't mean that the forum information is lost; that stuff is stored separately, in the server's database.)
« Subject to editing »

Wylder Treejumper

Perhaps he died as soon as he did it, so now nobody knows what's the deal with the website :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

We can assume he's still alive, at least as of this last summer, when the front page got updated with a new text blurb.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Didn't you say Gonff was in touch with the webmaster?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 11, 2016, 11:09:33 PM
We can assume he's still alive, at least as of this last summer, when the front page got updated with a new text blurb.
I know. I was kidding ::)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Sagetip on October 12, 2016, 12:13:23 AM
Didn't you say Gonff was in touch with the webmaster?
if I remember right, he was in contact with the company, not the webmaster.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

Aye. We were in touch with the Redwall Abbey Company, but not even they could find the webmaster...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington