News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Dotti's Oodles of Doodles (2.0)

Started by Dotti Dillworthy, March 10, 2016, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Awesome, Dotti!  I really love your clothing designs; Milk-of-Moon's outfit is especially cool.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Aimless Gallivanter

I love it! You have a very nice distinct style :)
im gay!!!!!!

Ashleg

What kind of animal is the last one?

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Ashleg on March 29, 2016, 02:45:39 AM
What kind of animal is the last one?
A prairie dog. (That one is my favourite as well)

Groddil

Hmm, I like the drawings, but I really don't understand Milk-of-Moon's character. I know you answered this on the OOC thread, but...

Quote from: Dotti Lovegood on March 15, 2016, 06:00:34 AM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 14, 2016, 06:35:14 PM
Very nice! Approved, though how did the older Harkahome come under the guardianship of Milk-of-Moon?
Well, it's simply a last admonition of Milk-of-Moon's parents to Harkahome before they abandoned her (she was a Dibbun at that time) for some important quest.

This doesn't really make much sense to me. So, her parents pretty much told him: "An important quest is happening, so you have to let her boss you around, rather than the other way round?" If they abandoned her with him, why put him as the one getting taken care of? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

This is probably just me, but this statement was also pretty confusing:

Quote from: Dotti Lovegood on March 29, 2016, 08:05:46 AM
The chipmunk mused at his guardian, a sense of euphoria already evident on his face. "So what do you think, moon-face? Is that all right for us?"

Milk-of-Moon stroked her chin, then chimed in, "Sounds quite good, but it would be better if I could do this all by myself." As she was uttering her last phrase, a cunning tone crept into her voice. Today would be another perfect opportunity to show off the best of the prairie dog's abilities of sorting and packing, perhaps in the fastest possible time.

Harkahome, seemingly quite displeased at the prairie dogmaid's words, chided in a comical way. "No, young maiden! We can do this together!" He could sense her naiveness in the meaning of teamwork, even though she was a grown-up now, not a Dibbun anymore. Not technically a Dibbun as she used to be, but still acting like one.

Silence gripped the young Milk-of-Moon in contempt, who was scrambling to their tepee to bundle up their belongings, leaving the chipmunk watching in the distance while scratching his head in confusion.

"Catch me up later, deal?" Harkahome muttered to himself, even though he was addressing his guardian. And he joined the Jack Rabbit and the others present, hoping to start a conversation with them.

He seems like the voice of sense here, but Milk-of-Moon who flat-out disregards the suggestions of things like teamwork and common sense just because she "doesn't have to listen to him now that she's not a Dibbun anymore." How does someone this reckless become a guardian?

Okay, that's enough nitpicking for today. Sorry if I sound like a jerk, I just can't get my head around this.

Dotti Dillworthy

[This is an RP spoiler alert]

@Groddil: Regarding Milk-of-Moon's parents, they were perished by the northern raiders along the way, but the news of their fate didn't reach in time to their daughter and the chipmunk guardian who had raised her, as there were no messengers present at that time of the incident.

More answers will be coming eventually, as Milk-of-Moon's world is still currently under renovation.

Skyblade

Good job! I like your style, and the coloring.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Dotti Dillworthy

For a future scrapbook project: Truffen and Muta.
Spoiler
[close]

Skyblade

Cute and well-done! Muta is one of my favorites (I had her as my profile pic once), so this was nice to see!

Dotti Dillworthy

Just Pikkle and Mara.
Keep your eyes peeled for a new video of my drawing process!
Spoiler
[close]

Ashleg

Cool! I (vaguely) remember Pikkle. What book were they from?

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Ashleg on April 20, 2016, 01:40:28 PM
Cool! I (vaguely) remember Pikkle. What book were they from?
Salamandastron, which I'm currently reading.

Rainshadow

Awesome, Dotti!  I especially love the design on Mara's dress.  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

Oh, I like it! And I know it seems like I like everything, but actually I don't (:P) and anyway, that really does look great.

Dotti Dillworthy

Video of my drawing process is up!