OOC: The Eagles Tears (Redwall/American Indian)

Started by Leatho Shellhound, March 13, 2016, 09:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

So I was listening to some of my music and I looked at the cover (image below) and I had this idea for a Redwall RP.

https://media3.jpc.de/image/w600/front/0/4250619400968.jpg

So this Role-play takes place out East on the plateau near the great gorge in Arizona like terrain. Our characters are taken by surprise by northern raiders who take the otter chief's little son. Though we are still primitive in our war gear, we are like ghosts among the rocks and eagles in the air. Will the otter pup reveal the location of our mountain gold?

Feel free to suggest side plots here.

How will your characters look? Think along the lines of:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EFJDCT/winnetou-1963-jadran-film-production-with-pierre-brice-in-the-title-EFJDCT.jpg

Both woodlanders and vermin are allowed as part of our Indian tribe. The chief and his family are otters, my charcter (his nephew) will also be an otter. I will post his character sheet soon.

Please fill this out for approval:

Name(think American Indian):
Appearance:
Weapons(limited to knives, bows, tomahawks, and spears if part of the tribe):
Personality:

Also I will be making character drawings. :)

Here are the Characters for this Role-Play, in order of those who signed up:

Eagle Tears

Namas Nahuatl

Stalks-in-Shadow

Dancing Flame

Raging Rapids

Milk-of-Moon

Harkahome

Mostsqueh

Falling Flower

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

LT Sandpaw

Hey this sounds pretty cool Leatho. Just one question, is this taking place in North America? Can we use species native to that region?

Heh, that's two questions I guess.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Leatho Shellhound

Well it's set in the Redwall universe, to the far east of Redwall Abbey, but the terrain is that of the wild west of North America. But I'd be happy to consider such a species. :D

click the banner

LT Sandpaw

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

LT Sandpaw

Name:Namas Nahuatl
Species: Ocelot
Appearance: Small for his species, but quick and strong Namas is a proud warrior of the eastern tribe. His fur is a dark tan with black spots and stripes running down his back, head, and arms. His belly area is whiter though this is often covered by his tan buckskin clothing. His shirt and pants are decorated in small ribbons which hang along the edges, over his pants is a loin cloth. On his right paw is a bracelet of turquoise beads, and on his footpaws are moccasins.
Weapons: A hunting knife strapped to his chest and a bow which he carries in his paw, with a quiver of arrows strapped to his hip.
Personality: Namas is a fierce and proud warrior who is desperate to prove himself as capable member of the tribe. He is endlessly loyal to his chieftain, and has a clear head in chaos. That being said Namas can be foolish, rash, stubborn, and overly protective. His first instinct is to fight rather than to run, and he never considers the consequences of his actions.

Groddil

Name(think American Indian): Stalks-in-Shadow
Allegiance: Northern Raiders
Species: Groundhog.
Appearance: Stalks-in-Shadow is short, with dark brown fur and piercing green eyes. She wears tattered rags to disguise her true self, an expert killer. A master of stealth, Stalks-in-Shadow blends easily into the rock of the canyon.
Weapons(limited to knives, bows and spears if part of the tribe): A bow and a rusted knife.
Personality: Stalks-in-Shadow keeps to herself, and is very cold and quiet in conversation. The other raiders suspect that she is just a soulless husk, a demon, whose sole purpose is to kill.

Name(think American Indian): Dancing Flame and Raging Rapids
Allegiance: Loners (Seem to follow the Tribe, but technically not a part of it)
Species: Coyote
Appearance: Dancing Flame and Raging Rapids may be twins, but that doesn't make them identical. Dancing Flame has rough and gritty red fur, stained by dust, with bright red eyes. Raging Rapids has blue-grey mottled fur (Think: Blue-Heeler), smooth with the occasional rough patches, as well as cool blue eyes. Both coyotes are quite thin, as if malnourished, but very quick as a result. In the way of clothing, they both wear grey loincloths, with a rough brown shirt over their chests.
Weapons(limited to knives, bows and spears if part of the tribe): A spear apiece, a burning torch (Dancing Flame), a young alligator on a leash (Raging Rapids).
Personality: The two coyotes are rather eccentric, appearing mad to the unwatchful eye, but actually rather intelligent (if you can get past the riddles). These two tend to finish each others sentences, but other than that, the tribe don't actually know that much about them.

Leatho Shellhound

All are approved, though I would mention that Stalks-in-Shadow isn't limited to those weapon types since she is a raider.

Do the two coyotes live with the tribe, or out by them selves and come by to trade or hunt?

click the banner

Groddil

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 13, 2016, 11:29:54 PM
All are approved, though I would mention that Stalks-in-Shadow isn't limited to those weapon types since she is a raider.

Do the two coyotes live with the tribe, or out by them selves and come by to trade or hunt?

S-i-S can just stick with them anyway. Makes sense. Although I will change the spear to a knife...It'll let her blend in.

The two coyotes don't live with the tribe, think that wherever the tribe goes, they'll already be there.

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Dotti Dillworthy

Here they are!

A prairie-dogmaid named Milk-of-Moon

Spoiler
Name(think American Indian): Milk-of-Moon
Species: Prairie dog
Appearance: Though a little bit small for her species, Milk-of-Moon has sported a strong and agile body. With light cream-coloured fur and matching light-brown eyes, she is quite in tune with her name, with only her buckskin tunic in slight contrast. A multicoloured necklace of beads hung in her neck, and a white-beaded bandanna sat on her head, with only a few feathers as decorations.
Weapons (limited to knives, bows and spears if part of the tribe): An old dagger and a flaming torch
Personality: A level-headed young dogmaid, Milk-of-Moon is quite spunky, selfish and narcissistic, only caring for her appearance and abilities than her feminine role and significance to her tribe. The consequences of her actions, she didn't care much. With only her chipmunk sidekick Harkahome as companion and guardian, she has quite a few friends. But her negative attitude is only a cover for her inner compassion buried deep within the depths of her heart, which is the only thing left of her parents before they abandoned her.
[close]

And her chipmunk sidekick Harkahome

Spoiler
Name(think American Indian): Harkahome
Species: Chipmunk
Appearance: Being a chipmunk, Harkahome has a reddish-brown fur with grey stripes, with patches of grey all around to signify his ageing. He wears a light tan buckskin tunic which is too big for him, hence the meaning of his name, "little robe".
Weapons (limited to knives, bows and spears if part of the tribe): A simple pointed spear made of old wood
Personality: Harkahome is the opposite of his guardian Milk-of-Moon in terms of personality; he is bubbly and quite compassionate. His weaknesses are his phobia of fire and his impatience to deal with his erring guardian.
[close]

Leatho Shellhound

Very nice! Approved, though how did the older Harkahome come under the guardianship of Milk-of-Moon?

It might be funny if he was supposed to be her guardian, but he fills the role as a side-kick. Just food for thought. ;)

click the banner

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 14, 2016, 06:35:14 PM
Very nice! Approved, though how did the older Harkahome come under the guardianship of Milk-of-Moon?
Well, it's simply a last admonition of Milk-of-Moon's parents to Harkahome before they abandoned her (she was a Dibbun at that time) for some important quest.

Groddil

Harkahome's afraid of fire, huh? Intersting...

LT Sandpaw

Are you going to post your characters Leatho?