News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Tweaks & Changes (6/14/16)

Started by James Gryphon, June 15, 2016, 04:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

There's already been some pretty big news today. In this post, though, I'll talk about some of the new additions that've been made. Some of these might not stick (as I learn more about them and their bugs), but this is what we've got right now.

The "Thanks" feature is perhaps the most obvious. This is a new link (to the left of the "quote" buttons on the top-right of each post), which allows members to thank others' posts. This is something of a quick way to say that you approve of something without actually posting "I agree with x".

In each members' profile is now the option to list the country they choose to associate themselves with (whether home country, adopted country, etc).

There's a new "Member Notepad" in the Profile section, which allows you to jot down notes here and there. Do be aware that admins can read these, so it isn't entirely personal notes; it's really personal + Matthias + me notes.

We're giving We gave "Sisyphus" a run. I meant to install this mod way back when, but it broke the shoutbox for some reason. This mod is was supposed to save your most recent post, wherever it may be. This mod had its faults; it seems to get confused if you're posting in more than one place at a time, for example. I thought it might be worth trying out, though, as some members have expressed annoyance with losing long posts they've made. I don't know whether this works with PMs; try it out and see, I guess. Didn't work well, unfortunately, so I dumped it.

Finally, there's been a change to registrations (new members are obligated to read the rules), and a new mod associated with "Unknown Actions".

That's where it stands for now. I intend to keep working and tweaking with things over the next few weeks. If you have any bugs or problems with the forum, now is the time to write me, preferably by PM; don't assume that I already know about it!

Thanks for bearing with us and being a part of this great community.
« Subject to editing »