News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Dibbuns.

Started by Ashleg, June 21, 2016, 04:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

This is a thread to talk about your favorite Dibbuns!

Mine was Rollo, from Mattimeo (the book, don't know how he was in the Show), because he was really sweet and I loved how he was with his otter friend.
And oh, he turned out to be a good adult, too.

Runners up would be Arven (from The Pearls of Lutra) and Silent Sam.

The Skarzs

Oh, Brian made the Dibbuns to be such troublesome little creatures. It's hard to choose one I actually liked. . .
Definitely one of the mole Dibbuns, though. Can't say exactly which one, but I have a general idea.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Quote from: Skarzs on June 21, 2016, 05:22:15 AM
Oh, Brian made the Dibbuns to be such troublesome little creatures. It's hard to choose one I actually liked THE MOST. . .
Definitely one of the mole Dibbuns, though. Can't say exactly which one, but I have a general idea.

Ashleg

I remember liking a mole dibbun, too, trouble is I forget their name...

Cornflower MM

I've always liked the mousebabe. The one who was never named? Gosh, I can't remember which book he's from. . . . Triss? Maybe? I really should re-read the books. :P

Ashleg

I kind of remember him!
It's weird, I wonder why Brian decided to not name him.

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 26, 2016, 06:21:46 PM
I've always liked the mousebabe. The one who was never named? Gosh, I can't remember which book he's from. . . . Triss? Maybe? I really should re-read the books. :P
Oh! I remember that one from The Bellmaker. The one he got along with the good vermin Blaggut.

Firehawke

It's SO hard for me to pick...I love all of the dibbuns!!!
But, if I have to pick just one, it would have to be Baby Bungo from the picture books (wish he made an appearance in the novels!)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Fatch of Southsward

I tended to like the dibbuns that were sweet and kind. I tended to dislike the ones that were overly roughish. A nice balance in between the two is always good as well.

It's been so long since I read the books, that I honestly don't even remember hardly any in particular.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Banya

I like Buffle from Loamhedge. He spoke in gibberish that had to be translated by the other Dibbuns, but one of the Sisters learned to understand his speech and caught him using foul language. He was not only humourous, but also clever enough to help come up with a plan to defend the Abbey. I also like Dibbun duos and trios, especially Ferdy and Coggs. Arven and Silent Sam are also favourites.

Ashleg

Aah, I remember Buffle now that you mention him, but I'm sad to say that for some reason Loamhedge itself was just forgettable for me.
Those instances were funny, though. XD

Was it just me, or do any of you guys think that Ferdy and Coggs seemed, oh, I don't know...older than the other Dibbuns in the series?

Hickory

Either it was the weird workings of the second Redwall book (remember, Brian didn't really have any speaking dibbuns in Redwall) so Mossflower was where he tried fleshing them out. Ferdy and Coggs are the older variant, and Rollo in Mattimeo was the younger spectrum (but ultimately his final choice for how dibbuns should act - young and virtually uneducated, yet smart enough to help out in the book)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

belle

Most Dibbuns are annoying.
Like the posters above, I liked lil Rollo, and i liked Ferdy and Coggs from Mossflower for seeming sweeter than the usual annoying baby creatures. Man, Mossflower was an awesome book.

Dannflor

In all seriousness I read the last book of the series like 3 years ago and never read any more!!! I did complete the series though!!! I like the dibbun in Salamandastron! Gosh can't remember the name!!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Rollo was so helpful love him
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.