Bird RP!

Started by Cornflower MM, July 10, 2016, 01:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Name? (Thanks Del and Galli!)

An Eagle's Plight
An Avian's Ailment
An Awesome Avian Adventure

Cornflower MM

Okay. Time for a new RP from my brain. Any name suggestions would be welcome because I frankly suck at naming RPs. Hence the temp name above. ^

Plot
At the edge of Mossflower Wood (Not the sea edge. The other one. You don't know it because it was never mentioned.) there's a peaceful community of birds. A group of younger birds have grown itchy wings, tired of the peace, quiet, and routine of the life in the flock. They've all heard of legendary Redwall Abbey, and wish to try to find it, have a little adventure and fun. The elders of the flock agree, thinking it would be a good life experience and anyway if they refuse the youngsters will doubtless pitch a fit and sneak out.

The day before they are set to depart, their mission suddenly becomes much more dire, as a sickness starts to go around, a sickness the two healers have never seen before and have no idea if their medicine will work. Maybe the Redwall creatures will know!
So off go the birds, trying to get to Redwall before the sickness wipes out the entire flock.

Who said it would be easy?
[close]

No, no, I totally didn't just make up half the plot right now. ;D (Hey, that's how I work, if you don't like it, go join Del's RP.)

Rules:

1: The obvious. No PPing, no GMing, yadda yadda. You know the drill, and I'm sure you know I refuse to tolerate that sort of thing.
2: If you drop out, or stop posting, or forget to post for a week or so, if I have had no warning, I will message you. If no reply, your tail is getting kicked out. (Watch me be the first to break my own rule. Ha! ;D)
3: It's fine if your bird isn't in the Redwall universe. Or flightless. I fully intend to play a chicken and make it work. (Don't ask how, I dunno) HOWEVER: If your bird is flightless (Like a chicken) then you must play another bird that can fly.
4: Two characters max. Unless I know you can handle more, and know you can commit.
5: Please, only birds. We can PP vermin and Redwall people when we come to that, but don't get too attached. This is about birds. Not the band of random creatures with like three birds. Nuh-uh.
[close]

Sheet

Name:
Species:
Personality:
Appearance: (Feel free to also post a picture, I know birds can be hard to describe)
History: (Optional)
Other:

Ehhh. . . . I think that's all. I am notorious for forgetting to put something on character sheets. No weapons section, because come on. Beaks and claws. Duh. *Shrug*
[close]

Accepted characters

Mine
Name: Speckles
Species: Americana chicken
Personality: Happy, has a tendency to be jealous, loves food, scares easily. Little bit of a bully at times.
Appearance: Will post a picture later, I do not have a good picture of her that is not just her head. :P
History: N/A
Other: Hates anything to do with water other than drinking it, loves dirt baths and can happily spend more than one hour in one.

Name:
Species: Carolina Wren
Personality:
Appearance:
Picture
[close]
History: N/A
Other: Leader of the quest.
[close]
Rosie's
Name: Jade Goldenwing
Species: Blue Jay
Personality: Is kind, outgoing, but never enjoyed fights or long journeys unless necessary 
Appearance:
Blue Jay
[close]
Other: Was slightly reluctant to go with the rest of the birds until the sickness spread
[close]

Galli's
Name: Corniel Kraai (Corbie)
Species: Pied Crow
Personality: Super full of himself. He talks too much and thinks he knows better than anyone else. Really accident prone. He's not so great at fighting, and he's kind of cowardly. Always needs to let others know his two cents.
Appearance: (Feel free to also post a picture, I know birds can be hard to describe)
Spoiler
[close]
History: (Optional) He got kicked out of his crow clan for reasons he refuses to share.
Other: He of course had to join the adventure party, to show everyone how awesome he is.
[close]
Eul's
Name: Howard
Species: Barn Owl
Personality: He's quite serious and appointed himself the official guardian of these birds while they make the journey. Outwardly grumpy and humorless, he does have a heart and a love for travel. He has been to Redwall twice in his lifetime, and is dying to go there again.
Appearance: He's a normal barn owl who wears a brown flatcap
Spoiler
[close]
History: He's seen a lot in his life, and prefers to be viewed as a hostile grump who's only going with the birds for personal reasons. No one really knows much about where he came from except he once lived in the Northern mountains and fought many vermin while he was there. He's not one for talking about himself or giving out information.
Other:
[close]
Del's
Name: Aodh Flamewing
Species: Crowned Eagle
Personality: He can be quite reckless, not having learned prudence from the elder birds, fancies himself the main warrior of the group. He loves a good battle and once one is over he may circle around for a day or two looking for more enemies whom he might destroy.
Spoiler
[close]
Other:
[close]

Fatch's
Name: Tryk
Species: Humming Bird
Personality: Jumpy, carefree and shallow, like most humming birds. His rapid wing velocity allows him to hover in place, and he can dart in and out of tight locations quickly. Tryk's parents are just like him, and don't see anything right or wrong with the journey, so they left it up to him to decide to go or not. Tryk, often a "why not" sort of bird, was happy to go.
The appearance isn't too important. He's just the average humming bird.  :) Just type "Humming Bird" into your search engine to see it for yourself, if you like.
[close]
Sand's

Name: Besune
Species: Black Gnatcatcher

Personality: A feisty and hot tempered little bird Besune is a warrior and hunter for the Gnatcatcher kind. As she is the third hatchling of the Gnatcatcher Chieftain she is a highborn of sorts, however she does not truly have any titles she sometimes uses her position when needed to get her own way. Besune's rank amongst birds gives her a certain sense of command which she likes to use on those she considers under her.
   A lack of close friends had left Besune a lonely creature, but she refuses to admit it surrounding herself with forced friends and unwilling lackeys. Still, as hot tempered as she can be Besune has her moments of self-doubt and indecision. That being said she would rather dive head first into a fight or hunt before thinking, and she can act as if she is invincible making her a great concern for her parents. Besune is used to getting what she wants, and when opportunities to do something new and exciting arise she is usually the first to go forward.

Appearance: Grey feathered back with light tan wings and a black tail. Besune holds her head and beak high as a sign of confidence, and keeps her feathers almost meticulously clean.
Spoiler
[close]

History: Third hatchling to the East Wood Gnatcatcher Chieftain: Besune grew up with a slightly more privileged life then many others of her kind, though not by much. As the Gnatcatcher nests is integrated with many other bird species, the Gnatcatcher "chieftain" holds very little real power outside of his own kind. Many of which hardly listen to him anyway unless he's within wing buffeting distance.
   Besune grew up in the mess of half loyalties and pretend power. She often resorted using a mix of her own strength, willpower, and position to get her way amongst the Gnatcatchers and other birds. Life went on like this for several seasons until the opportunity arose for her to join the journey.

Other: N/A
[close]
[close]
I think that's all for now, I'll put up my characters later. Along with anything else I can think of. . . . .

NOTES:
We will be starting week after next.
I will be throwing random obstacles in the mix to keep things interesting. Please feel free to PM me if you have an idea.
There's no top bird, there's just a council of elders, and it's just one giant mixed flock.

LT Sandpaw

Would you mind me joining Cornflor?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rosie Willowwater

I'll Join! Though I apologize if I'm a bit slow to posting though :)

Appearance:
Blue Jay
[close]
Personality: Is kind, outgoing, but never enjoyed fights or long journeys unless necessary 
Other: Was slightly reluctant to go with the rest of the birds until the sickness spread

Cornflower MM

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on July 10, 2016, 01:47:04 AM

Would you mind me joining Cornflor?

Not one bit!
Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on July 10, 2016, 01:46:54 PM
I'll Join! Though I apologize if I'm a bit slow to posting though :)

Appearance:
Blue Jay
[close]

Okay, now I know what I forgot to put on the sheet. :P If you could fill out a personality space, Jade's accepted. I'm sorry, it's my fault. And as far as slow to posting, that's okay. :) And don't feel like you have to write a paragraph, 'cause you don't. I have always hated rules about word counts. :P

Eulaliaaa!

I'll make a character sheet when I can think of one ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Aimless Gallivanter

ill join in a bit !
im gay!!!!!!

Aimless Gallivanter

Name: Corniel Kraai (Corbie)
Species: Pied Crow
Personality: Super full of himself. He talks too much and thinks he knows better than anyone else. Really accident prone. He's not so great at fighting, and he's kind of cowardly. Always needs to let others know his two cents.
Spoiler
[close]
History: (Optional) He got kicked out of his crow clan for reasons he refuses to share.
Other: He of course had to join the adventure party, to show everyone how awesome he is.
im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

One question, Where will the RP start? In the bird home, or During their journey?

LT Sandpaw

Alright here's mine.

Spoiler

Name: Besune
Species: Black Gnatcatcher

Personality: A feisty and hot tempered little bird Besune is a warrior and hunter for the Gnatcatcher kind. As she is the third hatchling of the Gnatcatcher Chieftain she is a highborn of sorts, however she does not truly have any titles she sometimes uses her position when needed to get her own way. Besune?s rank amongst birds gives her a certain sense of command which she likes to use on those she considers under her.
   A lack of close friends had left Besune a lonely creature, but she refuses to admit it surrounding herself with forced friends and unwilling lackeys. Still, as hot tempered as she can be Besune has her moments of self-doubt and indecision. That being said she would rather dive head first into a fight or hunt before thinking, and she can act as if she is invincible making her a great concern for her parents. Besune is used to getting what she wants, and when opportunities to do something new and exciting arise she is usually the first to go forward.

Appearance: Grey feathered back with light tan wings and a black tail. Besune holds her head and beak high as a sign of confidence, and keeps her feathers almost meticulously clean.
Spoiler
[close]

History: Third hatchling to the East Wood Gnatcatcher Chieftain: Besune grew up with a slightly more privileged life then many others of her kind, though not by much. As the Gnatcatcher nests is integrated with many other bird species, the Gnatcatcher ?chieftain? holds very little real power outside of his own kind. Many of which hardly listen to him anyway unless he?s within wing buffeting distance.
   Besune grew up in the mess of half loyalties and pretend power. She often resorted using a mix of her own strength, willpower, and position to get her way amongst the Gnatcatchers and other birds. Life went on like this for several seasons until the opportunity arose for her to join the journey.

Other: N/A
[close]

Updated.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

I can't make a character just yet, but I will soon!
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Cornflower MM

@Aimless Gallivanter: Accepted! :)

@LT Sandpaw: Take out the king title and accepted. There's a council of elders, so he could be a part if that you like. But there's no top bird, and it's just one giant mixed flock.

@Rosie Willowwater: We'll start right before they leave, with the goodbyes and such.

@Fatch of Southsward, @Eulaliaaa!: Sure, take your time, we'll be starting when I come back back from my family reunion.

Eulaliaaa!

Ok, here is my character :)

Name: Howard
Species: Barn Owl
Personality: He's quite serious and appointed himself the official guardian of these birds while they make the journey. Outwardly grumpy and humorless, he does have a heart and a love for travel. He has been to Redwall twice in his lifetime, and is dying to go there again.
Appearance: He's a normal barn owl who wears a brown flatcap
Spoiler
[close]
History: He's seen a lot in his life, and prefers to be viewed as a hostile grump who's only going with the birds for personal reasons. No one really knows much about where he came from except he once lived in the Northern mountains and fought many vermin while he was there. He's not one for talking about himself or giving out information.
Other:
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

@Eulaliaaa!: Mmmm, okay. You'll pass. I guess the younger birds do need a guardian. . . Just remember, my little wren is still the leader. ;)

So, guys, yes I'm being a bit nitpicky on these sheets. Trust me, though, I'll lay off a bit when we get the RP going.

Eulaliaaa!

Of course. He made himself their guardian. They can do whatever they want, he can't actually tell them what to do even though he would like to :P

Delthion

Name: Aodh Flamewing
Species: Crowned Eagle
Personality: He can be quite reckless, not having learned prudence from the elder birds, fancies himself the main warrior of the group. He loves a good battle and once one is over he may circle around for a day or two looking for more enemies whom he might destroy.
Spoiler
[close]
Other:

@Cornflower MM I made almost all of my RP up when I was typing it! ;D

@Flower of Corniness!

@PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE ACCEEEEEEEEEEPT!!!!!!!! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.