News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

An Ode to Late Rose

Started by Delthion, August 14, 2016, 05:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Who dares speak of the Late Rose,
That in yonder garden grows?
Do not say that she died in vain,
For through her all beasts life did gain.

She rose up against mighty foes
To rid the land of evil and woes.
Although she fell in battle's heat
Nevermore her friends to greet,

Still she rose in majestic hue
Though on her grave now lies the dew.
She is still remembered by all,
With fondness and love at Redwall.

First poem that I have put up here, I always enjoyed reading a writing poetry and now here it is to be seen by all! Hope everyone enjoys it, short though it be. This was about Late Rose in Martin the Warrior, in case anyone was wondering.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Short and sweet.
Shouldn't this go into Fan Fiction, though?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I didn't think so since this isn't really fiction. But I guess it could!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Well, I thought we always put writing works into Fan Fiction. I had a whole poem thread on the other forum.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Delthion

@James Gryphon, could you please move this into Fan fiction please?

And comments are definitely appreciated, I don't know what everyone thinks of this, and therefore I don't know how I might improve! ;D

@James Gryphon, thanks! ;D

Gonff the Mousethief

That's very good Del! I presonally enjoy how it started off similar to the I Am That Is riddle from the first Redwall book. Oh, and the first line on the last two stanzas with the "she rose up" was very clever. Very well done!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

Thanks! Honestly, what you mentioned was completely unintentional. ;D I don't remember the riddle and didn't notice the Rose/rose! ;D

Søren

Aw, nice Del! :D
Fron you FCC posts, I expected this to go more like "Oh Late Rose, you were pretty hot for a cartoon mouse"

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Søren on August 23, 2016, 05:04:45 AM
Fron you FCC posts, I expected this to go more like "Oh Late Rose, you were pretty hot for a cartoon mouse"

*Gasps for air*
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

Quote from: Søren on August 23, 2016, 05:04:45 AM

* Delthion raises eyebrow.

Thanks for the compliment, but seriously? ;D

Captain Tammo

Good stuff, Delthion :D I always love reading the poems and rhymes you guys post on here. Like Skarzs said, short and sweet!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Delthion

Skyblade

Nice, I like it. Write more! ;D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

When I think of a topic which I can write of I shall! ;D