Downtown

Started by Hickory, January 02, 2017, 05:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Letting out an audible sigh Kat watched the last of the criminals flee the scene even as the sound of sirens filled her ears. The mouse half heartedly considered drawing her pistol and firing off a shot, but she saw no need, instead opting to speak over the radio.
"This is Sierra-One, I've had a confrontation with the suspects, lots of suspects, assistance requested immediately." Hooking the radio back onto her shoulder Kat walked over to her bike collecting her report book and pen. This one was going to take a lot of explaining.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Moore grabbed her radio.
"Affirmative, Sierra-One. I'm coming down the road now. Be there in less than a minute. Where're the perps headed, over?"

Ashleg

Connie, having broken speed limits and weaved around traffic, had eventually arrived at his large estate. Lines of irritation creased the ferret's brown-furred face, but he was glad he had escaped with everything he took.
He locked the doors and set the bags out on his sofa, about to sort them out when he realized he was hungry.
Casually, he flipped on his television and padded into the kitchen, yawning.

Kitsune

Rounding a corner at the end of the block, Katrina slipped out of sight. She pulled her phone out of her purse and, still walking quickly down the alley, sent a few shady numbers the info about what was going on, and warned them to keep their heads down. Connie would probably get some angry questions or worse, but she was willing to throw him under the bus. He deserved it; threatening a cop so blatantly was idiotic. She muttered a curse.

Arriving at her motorcycle parked on the next street over, she hopped on and revved the engine to life. Even over the motorcycle, she heard the screech of a large predatory bird in the next street, where the showdown was taking place. She cursed again. What the devil was going on over there? She considered going back to see if she could do anything, but before she made a decision, she heard the roar of Connie's car racing away. The perp must have gotten away. She decided that she would pay him a visit and chew him out. Tires squealing, she sped off from the parking spot in the direction of Connie's mansion.

Hickory

Radioing in again, Marcus watched the red blip speed into the mansion. "Sierra-One, remain at your position until Officer Moore arrives. I'm conferring with my superiors as to the course of action."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

"Confirm dispatch, confirm Sergeant Moore, I'm staying here. Be advised all suspects are armed and dangerous... And they all got away." Scribbling down descriptions of everyone and all the names she heard, Kat leaned against her motorcycle listening to the sounds of sirens grow closer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Root's phone vibrated shortly, signaling the ermine to a new text message. Lowering his cigar the stoat checked the screen, smirking at the message there. One of his hired goons had heard from someone else that Connie and Falcone had, had a run in with an officer on Matthias Drive.

It was of little concern, Connie and Falcone were rivals of his. If they thought so little of their operations security to show themselves as white collar thugs outright, it was all the better for him. Cops and criminals killing each other meant less work for him to do, and potentially shattered his opponents in the field of control.

"Miz May would ye be so kind as to cancel my meeting, I'm heading oot." Deftly collecting his coat and hat Root Gurborn exited his office, descending into the Downtown area.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Connie popped a frozen dinner in the microwave and loitered while it was cooking.
He put his phone on speaker mode.
"Hey, Ma."

"Huh? Conn, is that you?"

His mother had a thick voice.
Smirking deeply, he glanced at the microwave. "Of course it's me, who else? Anyway, Ma, the cousins an' I had a little run in with a cop and Falcone. I'm gonna need a different car if I don't wanna seem suspicious..."

The ferret on the other end could be heard grumbling and muttering foreign curses, all jumbled up.
"I'm busy," she snapped at last, "Stop by tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah."
Beep.
He clicked off the phone.

Lady Ashenwyte

Scylla tossed the severed head aside and sighed. This was the third one she'd killed and eaten this month, and it seemed that there were always more of them. Nevertheless, she'd have to plant the head somewhere they'd find it, and the corrupt idiots would hopefully learn their lessons. Before that, however, she had a phone call to make.

"Good day, Connie." Scylla said, "How are you, after your little run in with the police?"
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

"Who's this?!" Connie snapped, starting as the microwave went off.
"How'd you know..."

Lady Ashenwyte

"Don't worry about little things like that," She said, carefully keeping her voice level, "I have a little offer for you, that, if you accept, will make you the richest beast in town. Are you interested?"
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Ashleg

"I don't make random offers," Connie growled.
"Let's meet in person."

Lady Ashenwyte

Kitsune

Ashleg

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.