News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Road to El Dorado

Started by Ashleg, January 06, 2017, 01:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Does anyone else like this movie?
I know there's one of you, I had a character as my avatar during the summer and somebody commented on it...
Anyway, this is for people to talk about this movie if they've seen it so I'm not so alone.

Feles

It was ok, I didn't anything particularly special about it.
Then again, i'm not a Disney person.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Ashleg

You really aren't, because it's a Dreamworks movie, not Disney.  ;D

Feles

Its animated similarly okay  >:(

I'm tired.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Ashleg

Amarith Waterspring

I just saw it a few days ago, and it is great! The reason I saw it was actually because I remembered your avatar was of what ever his name is...I can usually remember!... It was ______ and Tulio! Ahhhhhggggggghh. That is going to bug me. Anyway, I saw this as a meme/gif on pinterest and I knew I had to see it. ;D

What is your favorite scene?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Ashleg

His name is Miguel, and he is awesome. ;D

Ohhh man, that scene is funny!

Amarith Waterspring

Yeah, he is definitely my favorite character. What's your's?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Ashleg

The villain, I find his expressions really amusing.

Miguel and Tulio are both tied for second (and psst...this is one of the three only movies where I don't hate any of the characters.) ;D

Amarith Waterspring

Yeah, the way he crimps his mouth at the edges when he grins. ;D What are the other two you don't hate?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Ashleg

The Secret of NIMH and Moana. :P
I actually love a lot of other movies, but I'm talking about entire casts of characters here.
These three are the only ones that slide for me. XD

rachel25

This film is life. My entire family love this film, the quotes are a important part of our family language.

Aimless Gallivanter

i quote this movie a lot. its truly a masterpiece ;D
im gay!!!!!!

Luftwaffles

For me, this movie is heavily underrated (even though it has some serious pacing problems). It's just a ton of fun and I really wish people would give it a chance more often... seeing it being compared to the likes of actual flops is quite infuriating.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Andy

I never saw this film when it first came out (I was at that age where it seemed "mature" to not watch animated things because "cartoons are for kids"... this phase was very short for me, luckily). I ended up seeing it for the first time maybe a year or two ago? I loved it and it's become one of my favorites, but I do love a lot of animated films and Dreamworks usually brings some strong game like they did with this film.

It's been a while since I saw it last, though, I think it's due a rewatch. I particularly enjoyed about it that it was aware of the adult/teenaged audience and had more adult humor than a lot of animated films do. The main characters being closer to anti-heroes than your typical protagonist is was another point in its favor.
Only actions can speak the truth.